Savage 11/111 thoughts

Great rifles. Crummy stock. Either upgrade to the accustock or buy an aftermarket. Love my 111 in 300

Great rifles. Crummy stock. Either upgrade to the accustock or buy an aftermarket. Love my 111 in 300
The Lady Hunter only comes in wood. Do you think it's shape is "crummy" or that they use inferior wood to make it "crummy"?

We got one for my wife in 6.5 CM. She has a tikka t3 that we cut down for her but she always had trouble off hand as the gun was so front heavy. The lady 11 is much easier for her to shoot off hand. Does she have experience with recoil? A 270wsm will have a bit of recoil in that little gun. I had a really bad experience with savage a few years ago and was reluctant to buy the gun. But she likes it and shoots well. The mag is kinda finicky though. Have to push hard to get it to click in.

My wife bought herself a 111 in .300wm. She loves it. Stock is factory Savage plastic, but it is what it is. Accurate, fairly light, shoots really straight.

I would have to agree with the previous commenter who said the magazines suck. That is the only real complaint I have on the gun.

I can't think of one good reason to have a detachable magazine on a hunting rifle. No matter who manufactures it. mtmuley

I would not swap the stock on the lady hunter since it is being shot by a woman and is designed specifically for women. Unless you get a custom type stock that is also designed specifically for the shooter.

According to the Savage website the lady hunter is not offered in 270WSM so I'm not sure if we're talking about the same rifle.

"The Lady Hunter only comes in wood. Do you think it's shape is "crummy" or that they use inferior wood to make it "crummy"?"

Odds are he didn't read the lady part and just made a comment based on the cheap 111 stocks. I have a cheap 111 with a factor stock and blind mag. The stock does suck but it still shoots great and it's the rifle I loan to nephews and nieces so the stock is as good as it needs to be. If she likes the lady hunter stock it should be fine.

i have 2. one in 243, & the other in 270. both are fantastic & very accurate. I've only seen the lady hunter in stores and the wood stock looks very nice and not cheap looking. But why 270wsm? its a great round,(don't get me wrong i think its a fantastic round, just would expect more from it than one would actually get), but for a fractional gain in velocity, ammo is expensive, recoils a bit more and has a much louder report. just curious.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back