Missions Trip Outside of Juneau Alaska

Ttannahill14

My home church has a connection to a kids church camp outside of Juneau. This summer we're doing a missions trip there to build a new chapel for said church camp. I always dreamed of flying into Anchorage and driving down to Kenai to slay salmon on the fly as my first alaskan trip... but my wife and I are thinking of joining our church on this adventure.

Obviously our number 1 reason for going is to help the kids summer camp with some construction

...but lets be honest... how's the fishing in Juneau in late July/August. Google searches looked promising... guides look crazy high but looks like there is some DIY shore fishing opportunities. Any one have any luck fishing from the banks and rivers from drivable destination of Juneau???

We have credit cards points for airfaire, and $25 a day to cover our food/lodging at the camp.... sounds like the cheapest first trip to Alaska ever, which means I just can't pass it up. 5 days of building a church... 3 days of fishing... my kind of missions trip :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back