Caribou Gear Tarp

Wolves or German Sheperds?

Without access to all the facts it is very inappropriate to accuse anyone, including Mr. Pitcher, of alleged unethical behavior and/or criminal acts. Mr. Pitcher of Pitcher Peak Productions can be reached at (208) 215 -5984 or [email protected] if you wish to allow him the common courtesy of responding to the accusations related to this alleged incident.

What did I accuse him of?

Hannibal are you Brandon or are you just a friend... because you have referred to him on several other threads and directed us to look at his Instagram, including your infamous spring bear for dummies thread?

I can vouch the HT elekmagnet is not the same guy as the Instagram elkmagnet. The HT elkmagnet does not find sheds that big. ;)

Does he have two "wolves" and one punched tag? I was under the impression I could only shoot one for each tag?

Terrible. My chocolate lab always wears an orange bandana around her collar when we are hunting. Some idiot would probably claim she was a cinnamon phase bear.

I've heard of other issues like this here in PA, especially with the rise in coyote numbers (and "hunters") in recent years. Add to that the fact that somewhere in our game laws it says that you're allowed to shoot a dog in the act of attacking a wild animal. Which of course, through some version of the telephone game ("Some guy at the bar said" or "My buddies cousin's, half-brother said") has morphed into "you're allowed to shoot a dog just chasing a wild animal or even just a dog running loose" by the most ignorant among us.

To their credit the Game Commission has sought the make the law VERY clear within the past few years, but the myth still persists.

Or he has multiple tags and they weren't in the picture. Because how many grip and grin pictures have no tag

I only asked because the photos show one notched tag and two animals. A photo with no tags or a photo with the proper number of tags would seem less suspect to me. Not that it matters in this case.

I had a guy in Idaho tell me he saw a white wolf and then noticed I had a 40 pound English setter with me. He saw my dog bird hunting and assumed wolf.

...and thus elkmagnet causes the Idaho Fish and Game to start a wolf identification quiz like Montana's bear quiz... I helped them on the first three questions.
wolf or dog.JPG

In Wisconsin the rules are very clear....it is ILLEGAL to shoot a domestic animal even if it is off the leash. This guy is a dip shit no doubt! Please keep us updated. I hope the DNR/DOW fines his ass. It's also reminder to keep a collar on your dogs when you are out in open public lands, especially if they could possibly be mistaken for a game animal. I feel horrible for the owners of the dogs.

According to his latest post, IDF&G confirmed they were indeed German Shepherds. No charges will be pursued from police or IDF&G. Dogs were over 6 miles from where they belonged.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back