New Mexico Bear Hunt for 2017

I'm amazed by your time, date, and temperature stamps. I would have never thought that bears would be moving around midday unless spooked by something. I'm glad to see pics of them coming to a water hole during light. My two strategies are to either tree stand hunt over a water hole or post up high over looking a open meadow and calling.

In my early elk season encounters they were all near or on water, minus one.
I caught a beautiful cinnamon feeding in an acorn thicket... 62 yards away clear as day, but I don't draw on anything unless it's 50 yards or less.

A point I constantly emphasize with inexperienced, spring bear hunters. Focus your search efforts in areas with water and food. They'll be somewhere close by. Your photos actually give hunters a lot of useful information about where to look, time of day and condition of the pelts in the summer and fall, as you can clearly see from some of the close up photos. Great photos which help new bear hunters in their efforts to find and hopefully bag a bear.

The Gila has a Chit load of bears as does eastern AZ. Most of AZ does in the Transition areas from pines to desert . GLass the Prickly pear cactus and You will be amazed at how many You find. The trick is getting in range before they disapear.................BOB!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back