Caribou Gear

Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon SPEED

YankeeHunter66

Just wanted to know if any one has purchase this rifle in a 300 win mag, Looking to get one for an up and coming elk hunt in wyoming

I have this rifle (you can find my posts and pics about it somewhere on here) and scoped it with a Vortex Viper HST. When I got mine it was literally, and I mean literally the only one in .300WM in the country. I spent 2 weeks on the phone and internet trying to find one. The rifle itself is very popular and the caliber is too. I tell you that so you can get on a list and start waiting, unless the production has increased. The rifle itself is incredible. With shelf ammo I was at MOA. With some handloads I put four rounds downrange that touched. Its incredibly light, lighter than Remington puts out there. It is by far the softest 300WM I have ever shot, with the recoil pad and muzzle break (I did start carrying some ear plugs in the field with me, it's loud). Its a very nice looking gun to, the cerakoted fluted barrel gets lots of compliments. I don't think you can go wrong with the Xbolts at all and the features added to the Speed make it top notch. I don't think you'll need another med-long range mountain rifle after this one.

I just purchased one in 300 win mag to replace my venerable A bolt. My advice to you is find one fast, they seem to be hard to come by in 300.

Choice Ammo made right here in Montana in 180g Accubond.

I know this is an old thread but it is the exact question I was looking to ask. Anybody else have more experience over the last year and change with this gun/ caliber combo that they could speak to. Good or bad. Really leaning towards it but it's a big purchase for me so want to get as much feedback as I can. Thanks.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back