Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Otter Creek Hydrogen-S Suppressor

Matthew57

Anyone have any experience with this suppressor? Thinking about getting one for my hunting rifle. I was a dumb dumb and ended up getting tinnitus pretty good. I know suppressor's have been discussed ad nauseum but I'd be open to other recommendations as well. I shoot a .30-06 Browning Hells Canyon.

Ive been hearing alot about OCL as well as Diligent Defense in the suppressor world lately. It seams as though both are newer companies that are making quality cans that are getting very good ratings. Seams like most peoples' hesitations stems from their recent emergence and with that, they as a company may not stick around long. My argument is that if they are producing great products(which they seam to be), they are likely not going anywhere. I just put a DD can in jail.

I have also heard good things about Otter Creek. For the price range, size, and weight, I'd buy the Scythe from a long term proven company, but that Hydrogen-S is super tempting and probably a great choice if you decide to go that way.

OCL seems to make a nice product and I like how open they are on places like Reddit. I have an OCL polonium k in jail for an AR. That said, I went sico scythe instead of the hydrogen s based primarily on length.

Is there any test data you guys have seen comparing the Hydrogen-S noise reduction to the Sico Scythe? If they’re roughly the same the reduced length is a pretty big plus for me.

I just bought a Diligent Enticer L-Ti, half the price of a tbac-9.

Just bought the same can. Pretty optimistic from what I have heard. Talked to guys that have shot both and they all say the lti is quieter

Is there any test data you guys have seen comparing the Hydrogen-S noise reduction to the Sico Scythe? If they’re roughly the same the reduced length is a pretty big plus for me.

Haven’t seen the scythe included in any of the measured performance ratings yet, just going off posted “bro science” reports that indicate it performs in the ultra 7, enticer s ti, nomad ti, raptor 8 stack, hydrogen s, etc class.

I've been in the suppressor game for a long time. Chasing decibels will drive you crazy, and you'll find that there is no real standard for testing. With sub-sonic cartridges I am interested in the quietest can available, and that is usually going to be the largest one with the most baffles. With supersonic cans I'm looking to take the edge off the muzzle blast, since the supersonic crack is going to be there no matter what can is on the gun. Many people who go for the truly short cans find that they don't help much. I've hunted for 8 years with 8" cans on fairly long (20-24") barrels, and I have not found it to be a problem. I will chase lighter weight though, that is always an advantage.

Last edited:
I think I am in a similar place-

I am going back and forth on the DD Enticer S-Ti or the Otter Hydrogen S

I think I am in a similar place-

I am going back and forth on the DD Enticer S-Ti or the Otter Hydrogen S

Awful similar spec wise. The hydro metered better (at shooters ear where i look at least) at the silencer summit if that matters to you.

I was choosing between the Enticer S Ti and Hydrogen S and ended up going with the Hydrogen S.

It was easier to get from my dealer and he slightly preferred the sound to the Enticer. Seems like both are excellent options and you can’t go wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back