New Mexico Unit 51 Elk Hunt

Curious how your hunt went. I drew this unit for second rifle this year and am really looking forward to it.

It is a great unit and elk scattered all over the unit. Spotted elk up near Canjillon lakes when scouting early season; however we stayed in Tres Piedras and would hunt to west of the town south of 64. Found elk coming down to water as sun went down, just not shooters. Tusas mountain is a great area to hunt, there were just a lot of hunters camped off the roads heading up the mountain. Definitely a great unit to hunt. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

It is a great unit and elk scattered all over the unit. Spotted elk up near Canjillon lakes when scouting early season; however we stayed in Tres Piedras and would hunt to west of the town south of 64. Found elk coming down to water as sun went down, just not shooters. Tusas mountain is a great area to hunt, there were just a lot of hunters camped off the roads heading up the mountain. Definitely a great unit to hunt. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

That's great feedback! I'm glad you had a fun hunt and saw a lot of elk. Thanks!

I'm hunting the second archery hunt this Sept. and am overwhelmed looking at onX maps trying to find where to find someplace away from a road and still contain water.

I'm hunting the second archery hunt this Sept. and am overwhelmed looking at onX maps trying to find where to find someplace away from a road and still contain water.
I'll be up there the 2nd archery hunt as well. There's water all over the unit, lots of creeks, streams, and water holes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back