Caribou Gear Tarp

MT Sheep Tag X 2

Looks like the deer and elk could get to rest a bit easier this year.

Congratulations on the tags.

It might be time to buy a powerball ticket

WOW! Incredible!
Congrats to you and your wife!
Can't wait to follow this one....

Thanks for all the comments guys! Still can't believe it. I've been thinking alot about it and how cool it will be to hunt sheep....then it hits me that we will be hunting for 2 sheep! Amazing. What are the odds...I have not idea, but pretty low. And...with all the comments of, "buy a lotto ticket"....I did. It draws tonight. Why not, right?

Congrats !!!
You two are indeed soul mates.... To deny yourselves custom rifles for this occasion would be a slap to destiny's face....
Show her this post and good luck.....

I have never heard of something like that happening. Crazy Awesome! Congrats and hope to hear the story (with pics I hope).

Made our first Sheep scouting trip over the long 4th of July weekend. This is the first time that my wife had ever been into this country, even though she grew up in its shadows! I had the opportunity to show here where her grandfather had killed his ram almost 45 years ago and where he and her dad had an elk camp for almost 20 years. Over the course of three days, we saw 3 bands of rams with a total count of 18. Out of the three bands of rams, each group had one ram that was clearly the leader. I've often seen the rams that call these mountains home, but now I am looking at them with a "new eye", what a cool animal!

Glassing from Camp

Attachments

• IMG_20160702_092653678.jpg
    IMG_20160702_092653678.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,422
There were two groups of rams in a big basin, when they got up to feed they joined up for a quick snack. After about 30 mins of eating, they separated into their groups and went back to bed.

Attachments

• IMG_20160702_091506382.jpg
    IMG_20160702_091506382.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,394
It's really cool that you guys are getting to experience all of this together. It's even cooler when you add the family history in the area that you are hunting.

One of the better rams that I was able to get a picture of. What do you guys think of this one? He was one of the better rams from one of the groups. There was at least 2 others that were similar or larger in size. Next time I need to get a closer look....a lot easier said than done in this country!
IMG_20160702_084603001.jpgIMG_20160702_084719537.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back