help me pick a stove for cooking.

If you are a podcast listener, the Gritty Bowmen have a podcast all about this. Aaron Snyder of Kifaru talks at length about the benefits and drawbacks of pretty much every one on the market

I used a $15 dollar one from walmart for six days in Colorado this past fall to boil water morning and night as well as making coffee every morning. Only used a small canister and there is still fuel in it. my two cents

MSR Reactor.

It's like a Jetboil on steroids. Fastest, most efficient canister stove ever, and not affected by wind.

Reactions: T55
Know nothing about it, but may be of interest. Not even sure if it is available yet.

https://adventuresinstoving.blogspot.com/2016/12/review-new-msr-pocket-rocket-2.html

Good thing I held off on buying a Micro Rocket, can save some money with this one! Used a Pocket Rocket last year at 10,000-11,000 for archery elk and it worked great. Boiled water twice a day and ran out of fuel w/ a small canister on the 5th morning. Replacing it with the Pocket Rocket 2 simply because of size issues. Being able to fit a stove, canister, and lighter in my 700ml pot is a big plus in my eyes. I spent too much time digging around my pack trying to see where my pocket rocket fell to.

i posted this same question a while ago and decided to go with the MSR rocket. its small and works beautifully. i don't think you can go wrong.

I've done a lot of backpacking w/ a Jetboil. Granted, I pretty much just boil water and pour it into Mountain House food packets, but I believe the company is making different accessories these days to go on the Jetboil, like a several different sizes of little frying pans that I'd think would be big enough to cook a brook trout or two. Or a boned out grouse, etc.

Back