Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Season 3, Episode 4 RME

MToutdoorsman

Man oh man this episode had my heart racing like I was there too. I kept thinking shoot shoot then I saw the bullet hit the tree. For a second I thought I saw it ricochet into the elk. Great hunt guys. Missing makes you appreciate the next one you get even more.

Season 3 Episode 4

I recently saw this episode also, and it did hit the tree, then the elk. You can actually see the blood start to pool slightly on the side of the elk in later frames. If you notice this was an all around bad shot because the elk was quartering towards Jason. The bullet would not touch the vitals as the bullet passed further back, especially after hitting the tree! He said no hair or blood, but I have to disagree with this statement!

I recently saw this episode also, and it did hit the tree, then the elk. You can actually see the blood start to pool slightly on the side of the elk in later frames. If you notice this was an all around bad shot because the elk was quartering towards Jason. The bullet would not touch the vitals as the bullet passed further back, especially after hitting the tree! He said no hair or blood, but I have to disagree with this statement!

I can assure you the bullet did not touch the elk. I followed that elk for over a mile in fresh snow. Not a drop of blood. Not a hair to be found. From the camera angle that was off to the side of Jason, it might look like a quartering shot, but it was almost completely broad side. I was standing right next to Jason when he shot.

It was a bummer to see him graze the tree. The shooting angles were tight. I hope he someday returns and gets his bull.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back