Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Rylie's Montana Shiras

Outstanding! That's what it's all about. Family hunting is awesome, and congrats to your girl. She'll never forget that. You have some good pards to boot!

BTW, that cart is sweet.

That's really cool. Congrats to your daughter, and to you for getting her on it.
That's insane that you were able to bring it out whole, no way I'd believe it without the pictures...

And the first nominee for "Coolest story of the year" is .......

That is about as cool as it gets. Congrats to Rylie. And to you and mom for the assist. You sure owe those buddies of yours. Not sure what they want in repayment, but whatever it is, don't argue. Never thought I would ever see an entire moose in a game cart.

I usually skip through long posts, but had I read this one once I noticed a young lady with a big `ol moose!

As a dad who totes his teens around hunting all the time, I can say that I appreciate the hard work you put into this hunt....and the patience. After trying so long for a tag, you done the right thing by remembering that it was her tag and hunt! I have a 17 year old daughter who also loves to hunt and I know what your talking about with their priorities as opposed to ours! I would love to see the looks on the boys faces that she goes to school with!

Great story and pics!

Thanks for all the good words. It was quite the experience to share with Rylie, we're still on cloud nine.

Spent all yesterday afternoon and evening processing the moose. It seems to be real tender and should be good eating.

Moose tenderloin with bleu cheese sauce for dinner tonight!

I added a few more pictures as I had lots of questions about the cart.

In a couple of them you can see just one guy holding the game cart up. If you get the thing balanced just right, one guy can hold it up. Never would have believed it unless I saw it with my own two eyes.

Taking it to my machine shop guy today to get another one made up. A guy here in town, that unfortunately passed away a few years ago, was making them out of his garage. It's a real nifty design, the cart actually collapses down to about wheel barrow size, pretty slick really.

Thanks again and glad you enjoyed the story. Rylie and I sat down last night and read through all the comments and she was quite proud, so thanks to you folks!

RylieMoose5.jpg

Picture146.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture147.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Last edited:
Once again congrats to all who were a part of Rylie's hunt. I like the head on shot of the bull on the cart, he's going to make a real pretty euro mount.

And the first nominee for "Coolest story of the year" is .......

I wouldn't hand that award out just yet. I happen to know his girls have a pocket full of tags this year and we're gonna see more posts about their hunts ;)

I had to go back and look again. My eyes were playing tricks on me before as I was "seeing" two wheels where there was only ONE wheel on your cart. Somebody better patent the design and get going making these things.

Sign me up for the first one!

Will do!

Met with the machine shop guy this morning.

Should know more by Friday.

It really is one of the best designs for a game cart I've ever seen.

Have him working on one for all of us to use here at the office and probably get another made up for someone who wants one.

I'll let you know the pricing. Hopefully if he makes a couple we can get a better deal on them.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back