Caribou Gear Tarp

A Favor for OYOA Sponsors

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
OK, guys. I am asking a favor on behalf of our sponsors. Those groups pay good money to see that the On Your Own hunter has a platform in the way of this TV show and this website. They do this out of commitment to you, us, and the importance they see in having a voice for the On Your Own hunter.

Now is a chance to show them a little love. Here is a link where you can vote for the Reader's Choice awards in the Grandivew Media survey. Grandview publishes many popular hunting magazines. This survey is mostly about archery hunting, but asks your opinions about accessories, including clothing, packs, boots, optics, and other gear our sponsors provide.

Here is the link where the survey is being conducted.

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/readers-choice

If you are so inclined to vote for these companies, I hope you will do so, especially if you use their gear and you are impressed with it as I am. If you do not use their gear, don't feel compelled to vote, just for the hell of it. We want this to be on the "up and up."

I use their gear and it is great stuff. I know many of you use the gear of these companies. Placing well in these surveys will allow for them to get some good promotion and editorial from these magazines. Seems the least we can do for them, given what they are doing for us.

Companies I hope you will vote for:

Black Gold Sights
Ripcord Arrow Rests
TightSpot Quivers
Leupold Range finders, spotters, and binos
Sitka Gear clothing
Kenetrek Boots
Bowtech bows (yeah, a new sponsor you will hear about next week)
Mystery Ranch backpacks

If I have missed one of our partners, please vote for them, if the chance comes up. These companies have been generous to our members and there will be more drawings from some of these great companies in July, August, and September.

Thanks in advance for any votes you cast for these great sponsors. They support your style of hunting and put their money where their mouth is.

Will get it done tonight. I for one would like to thank and pledge my support for these sponsors that stand up for and promote the DIY / OYO hunter and message. I kind of like the TV show too.......

Done.

Great news regarding Bowtech! I sent them a nastygram after having watched an episode of Western Extreme which they sponsored. Jim Burnworth was hunting an obvious canned hunt for elk whereat the elk appeared to not only be tame, but also not very wild. Though it appears they still sponsor his show, at least they're supporting the type of hunting the other 99.99% of hunters actually participate in.

Done! Thanks for the heads up, randy. A couple items are out of my price range... kenetrek, mystery ranch... Really value their support though. I plan on a nice pair of kenetrek sometime in the future... though the $ pinch is even more with med crap $. Think kenetrek will be a splurge act if i'm walking come general season. Sure dig the looks and reviews of mystery ranch though that $ point would get me divorced! Haha! I have a couple smaller item sitka stuff (gloves, beanie type cap) so good there, my leupold spotting scope, ripcord and black gold additions to my fred bear bow.

Gotta say, the items i do have ESPECIALLY ripcord, black gold, and leupold (thanks to predator optics) - Have mainly been additions specifically due to sponsors of on your own adventures.

Great sponsorers, Randy! Nothing like backing the real hunters of america's public lands!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back