Caribou Gear Tarp

...finally

noharleyyet

...found a local dude to install a red grind to fit pachy on the 300 Win Mag Kimber Classic. Pointer, the Hubble is a 3.5x10x50 Conquest.

IMG-20120324-00155.jpg

I'd never carry an ugly Sako with that thing lying around.

...found a local dude to install a red grind to fit pachy on the 300 Win Mag Kimber Classic. Pointer, the Hubble is a 3.5x10x50 Conquest.

IMG-20120324-00155.jpg

Jeeze I had to read this post three times to understand, throw in a "I am running a,,,," and you would be speaking As Real As It Gets, Alaskan Smurf talk.:D

Nice set up by the way!

Last edited:
I don't know what I like better. The Kimber or the bench and vise it's sitting on. Great setup! I'm using a Conquest myself on my 8400 Montana...NICE!!

Verry nice! Have you shot it yet? .

Picked this rifle up from a fellow HT member (rugger243223) a few years back...it shoots 180 Accubonds 1/2"

A quick comment on changing Kimber pads. The stock pad on this rifle was glued on and had to 'demo'd' off. Installer (Nick) said it was a bisch getting it and the adhesive residue off. The red pad is scribed and ground to fit the butt and screwed on...IMO, it takes a good eye to keep the various radius margins equal. Grinding renders the pad dark, almost black Nick says...he polished it up with armour-all removing the grind smut and restoring color. Wish I could have watched so I would know what template and grit #'s he used. He did a good job...not a grind mark or scratch on it. He works mostly on fine sporting clay combs and pads...good fit and fiinish craftsman...not a gunsmith.

This purty wood hunts and has been in the Co oakbrush and Texas mesquite/Salt Cedar many times and looks none the worse.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I don't know what I like better. The Kimber or the bench and vise it's sitting on. Great setup! I'm using a Conquest myself on my 8400 Montana...NICE!!

I for one would like to see more pics of the room and all, it looks to be a nice man cave.

I for one would like to see more pics of the room and all, it looks to be a nice man cave.

It is only a breaksrunner starter kit Tony.;) ...but I will oblige after the dogs take me for a walk this morning.

Nice looking rifle. Since when did Zeiss start packaging in Leupold boxes?

I've put a couple grind to fit pads on. A small belt bench grinder/sander works really well for this application. Use the old pad as a template if you can, and work slowly. Matter of fact I have one to do up in the next few weeks. Similar situation with the glue... Remington mountain rifle, she's stuck on and may end up on the chop saw to get loose. I'll spare 1/8" if I need to. :D

Since when did Zeiss start packaging in Leupold boxes?

...that box is from a fugly Encore put together.:cool:

Post your grind pics Ivan...if you can't be good looking you might as well be handy.:D

..not much to see Tony.

Montana sling display case

IMG-20120325-00156.jpg

Room is about 8x10...enter from garage....coleman cabinets are handy for clutter. Bambi's favorite rifle with contents of Lupe box mounted. What you don't see is last falls gear and hunting cloths trunks that I haven't stored yet.

IMG-20120325-00157.jpg

a bit of thematic ambience

IMG-20120325-00158.jpg

completely unrelated but Lizzie, my dangerous game retriever took advantage of a photo op

IMG-20120325-00160.jpg

...that box is from a fugly Encore put together.:cool:

Post your grind pics Ivan...if you can't be good looking you might as well be handy.:D

With any luck, you'll lean that camo hermafrodite against a tree and loose it. :D

The top rifle has a grind to fit on it. Its a 338-06 on a pre64, bubba'd stock, and grind to fit pachy
I had a GTF on the original stock as well.

The middle one (375 H&H) needs a new pad still has the factory Winchester pad on it. I put a decelerator on the bottom rifle (325wsm), and is a pussy cat to shoot.

Attachments

• 2012-03-25_08-38-52_914.jpg
    2012-03-25_08-38-52_914.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 316

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back