DIY Hunt in SE Wyoming

Bucky88

I have akways hunted in Nevada and am trying to find information regrarding a DIY hunt in SE Wyoming. My son moved to Laramie about two years ago, and wants to join me. Can anyone give some ideas on where to look for where I can find info on private/public land boundaries? We are primarily interested in hunting elk.

Last edited:
Look to the west lots of critters and lots of forest to hunt in the snowies 25 minutes from laramie. I just killed a good bull up in vedawoo last week but only a small forest area surrounded by tons of private leased land with no access around it. On the other side of centennial you have tons more forest and wilderness as well. We moved here 10 years ago and I really haven't learned the mountains too well because for 7 years I went all the way back to western wyo where I was used to hunting but the wolves have it all screwed up so I'm concentrating on the snowies now adays

Tons of public ground between the Sierre Madres and the Snowy's,and its all excellent hunting for elk

You can get blm maps for the whole state or if you go to the wyoming game and fish website they sell a sd card that goes in garmin gps that will tell you land ownership, public/private and hunt area boundries. Good luck!

You can go to huntgpsmaps and download them to your gps or your local Sportsmans Warehouse should have them.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back