Caribou Gear Tarp

Mystery Ranch Crew Cab out for a small hike

blgoode

Thought Id show some guys how I have basically been using my CC each time out for a day hike. Im not carrying a terrible amount but what I love about the CC is that I would be maxing out my Kifaru Xray with what just made a dent in the CC. All Items are easily accessed individually if needed.

Just a shot showing how I use the day pack lid to hold all quick access items. Like 1 Liter of water, snacks, hat, handkerchief for sweat, binos, whatever else you need to get to easily.
1bd5207c.jpg

On one side long pocket I stuffed my rain jacket. Calling for storms today later.
d956df90.jpg

In the small front zipper pocket I have been keeping some water proof bags and a couple glow sticks.
0f9420fd.jpg

Main "Day Pack" area I have been keeping my , leatherman, fixed blade, handy wipes, 2 liters of water, small first aid kit, and in a waterproof bag my batteries, firesteel, lighter, sharpening steel, paracord and pocket knife.
78f20a46.jpg

In the other long pocket is my hikers water filter. Just dont like the idea of leaving home with no easy long term way to clean water... if I run dry.
6e77c81a.jpg

9a4ae954.jpg

In between the 2 long pockets I slip in another liter of water or whatever else I have a hankering to slip in. Yes I have 3 liters of water :)
2afe7e51.jpg

Now she is all buttoned up and ready to roll!!!
460ed45a.jpg

In the belt pockets I have a gps, sunglasses and trail marking tape.

That's what I like about the C.C. You can use them in so many different ways. I have a complete setup on mine. I bought all just so I could do many different setups. If I were going to be gone for more than 5 days I believe I would wand to go with their bigger pack. But for my uses 95% of the time this will be the only pack I'll ever need or want.

Back