PEAX Equipment

Truck Bed Tents

WBouldin

Just wondering if any of you use a truck bed tent... It looks like a good idea for me because I like being up off the ground. Trying to find a good one so can anybody make a recommendation

I bought one years ago think I gave like $150.00 for it. I used it two times. both times it worked just fine for me. I am pretty sure it is still around somewhere. plety of room inside and when it rained the fly kept the water rolling off the outside of the truck instead of letting it run under the tent. The brand name was truck something will have to look for it.

A problem I see in using one is if you are using your truck during the day, then you'd have to take down and set up camp each day. That'd be a deal breaker for me. Similarly I think they would be quite colder than being on the ground if it was pretty cold out. Just my $0.02...

Friend has one - same as snite - it is stuffed somewhere in his garage. Used it a couple times. It appears a nice deal though not good when you had an elk quartered and in back... and you still have another night to get the rest out in the morning... then throwing whatever over it - still does not rid the smell that is contained once the tent is propped back up. Said he ended up sleeping in the cab. Just a pain - unless you don't plan on killin anything outside a haul from camp. ;)

A problem I see in using one is if you are using your truck during the day, then you'd have to take down and set up camp each day. That'd be a deal breaker for me. Similarly I think they would be quite colder than being on the ground if it was pretty cold out. Just my $0.02...

I always thought the glossies in the catalogues had a cool factor but have to agree with pointer on the practicality.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back