Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Back from RSA

fairchase

I got back last week from my first safari in the Limpopo Basin and Waterburg Mountains, where I hunted with a muzzleloader. I hunted with Cruiser Safaris and took 11 animals in 8 days, kudu, gemsbok, impala, wildebeest, warthogs, nyala, grey duiker, steenbok, waterbuck, blesbok. Cruiser's people did a great job setting me up with everything I needed. The food was excellent and they worked hard every day, getting me on some great hunts.

The Barnes Spitfire bullets I used really knocked the crud out of everthing. I couldn't quite get the muzzle velocity I wanted out of the real black powder I was forced to use, but they still worked fine. I only had three bullets that didn't pass through...on my waterbuck, nyala and wildebeest.

All of my animals were killed with one shot, except the first warthog. I hit him too far back so after a long bloodless track he charged out of his hole at us so Pieter my PH shot him in the head with a 30-06 at close range as he lunged at us! The excitement was worth the extra shot and I took a second hog later on the last day. Here are my trophies, in the order that shot them.
Blesbok.jpg

Warthog%201.jpg

Africa%201%2007%20403xs.jpg

Africa%201%2007%20403ltxs.jpg

Steenbok.jpg

Africa%201%2007%20074xs.jpg

Nyala.jpg

As for the duiker...I shot him at sunset and we lost him until the next morning. The jackels really messed him up, and in the rush to save the cape we skipped the feild photo.
Duiker.jpg

Impala.jpg

Wildebeest.jpg

Warthog%202.jpg

The amount of wildlife is amazing! I got to get back to Africa as soon as possible. There's not many places where you can do 10 years of hunting in 8 days!

Amazing field pics. Congrats & thanks for sharing. Awesome group of animals.

That is awesome. I am elk hunting with a freind next week who just got back from RSA and killed 9 great animals with his bow. He is bugging me to go next year and he booked four spots while he was there. The price is a good deal too. Congrats.

Thanks Guys...

Hntnhrd, They're good guys. They hunt hard and have fun.

Moosie, It will be here before you know it. Where are you headed and with who?

Numzaan Safaries.

http://www.numzaan.com/

There is a Local Rep here in town that has Brokered alot of hunts for my friends. We went to a FNAWS banquet and one went for cheap. I raised my hand and the bidding ended with my holding the bag :p

Next June we're out of here !!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back