Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Flathead Lake Trout

fowladdict

Since I wasn't allowed on this site for a long time I decied to play catch up. This is a Lake Trout I caught in Montana last summer. I just got the mount back two weeks ago and I am super happy with it. I will post the picture of the mount here real soon.

Attachments

• AaronsLakeTrout.jpg
    AaronsLakeTrout.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,608
Wow nice fish.What did it weigh?Did you keep it or have an artificial mount?Either way congrats.

Nice one..yes there are some Monster Dolly Vardin in the flathead lake...were you fishing near one of the 3 forks [river inlets]?

cjcj,

We dont call them Dolly Varden in Montana...sure sign of a foreigner. Same as someone calling a crick a creek.

They're called bull trout and that isnt a bull trout in the picture.

cjcj,

We dont call them Dolly Varden in Montana...sure sign of a foreigner. Same as someone calling a crick a creek.

They're called bull trout and that isnt a bull trout in the picture.

Hey I used to hang out in Columbia falls.... did some fishing up there flathead river and lake... but in the local whitefish/columbia falls paper called them Dolly Vardin... no I won`t bet ya:D ... cause I don`t know but, I caught a 35 lb Dolly.. at least thats what I was told... I was hungover from a party that started in the B&B parking lot and ended up at the DAM TOWN TAVERN...I hope none of you Montana boys are my lovechild.:eek: ...McMasters was her last name?;)

cjcj,

The state record bull trout is around 23 pounds in MT. If there was a reporter in Columbia Falls that called a bull trout a Dolly...he should have went back to writing the sports column for the Chicago Cubs...where he was obviously from.

If you caught anything 35 pounds it was a "mack", known as lake trout by the out-of-staters who own the 5000 square foot "cabins" on flathead lake.

Buzz it was the biggest Freshwater fish I ever caught....I used to have a pic...I believe you... but seriously I remenber an article talking about some huge 40-50 lb Dolly Vardin... out of the middle fork during AUG.... I `m sure your right... maybe I`m not remembering correctly.... but before that trip... I never even heard of a Dolly Vardin...... As for 5000 sq ft. cabins ... we stayed in one right on the east fork by the steel bridge..... maybe 2000 sq ft. the guy was president of Anaconda [ in town]

I guess you should tell me are there any of those ugly Dolly Vardin in the Flathead system? or were there any in 1974?

LMAO:D

JB she was every inch a lady... so were the rich Weaver sisters...OH the Kalispell county fair.. what a great pick-up spot it washump

Screw the trout/dolly varden arguement, I want to hear about the tuna.

cjcj,

I dont think you're memory is doing you any favors.

Dolly's and Bull Trout are the same fish. Macks and Lake Trout are the same fish.

The state record bull trout is still around 23 pounds...and that is an absolute beast of a bull trout. The state record Mack is in the low 40's...42 or so I believe.

So, either the article was written by an idiot or your memory is shot.

Bull trout do run in the rivers in late August, but not the size you mention. An honest 10 pounder is a good one.

Ok then My Lunker had to be a Mack.... Hey I` admit that day is still cloudy, but it looked just like the one Fowladdict is holding....I hope I have a pic somewhere. thanks for the fish education.

Back