Mathews Legacy

FEW

Anyone own or heard anything about the new Mathews Legacy? Im sure everyone has heard the same good stuff, but any bad stuff? I was going to buy the Q2 but before I got the money up they came out with the Legacy and now Im ready to buy but cant make up my mind. Should I go with the Q2 I have been wanting for 2 years or get the Legacy which is supposed to be superior due to the new string suppresors and roller guard. I am just a little worried this new stuff on the Legacy could mean new problems. would appreciate any thoughts as I want to buy now...

I'd say go with the lagacy. I'm hopeing to pick one up myself this spring. The rollar guard would make it quieter, and smoother however I've heard that you may want to be careful when lugging it around in the woods. Some people, myself included, carry their bows by the strings. If you pull the string off the rollar guard and don't notice it when it comes time to shoot you may be in for a surprise. I haven't heard of anyone doing it but tried it at the store just to see how much effort it needed and it could be done. It was an easy fix, just put the string back on the wheel. Anyhow, that's my thought.

If you're feeling generous pick one up with a 28 inch draw length and 70# peak draw weight for me, could ya? :D

I went yesterday ended up with the Q2. There was only a $20 difference so price wasnt really a consideration. I shot both and they are both sweet bows. The guy at the bow shop also had concerns about the string becoming detached from the rollers on the Legacy. He said he hadnt heard of it happening but the bows just came out. The Q2 is 2 inches shorter on the riser and about a half pound lighter. I ended up with the Q2 partly because I liked the lighter bow and it was a little easier to manuever, probably mostly because its the one I have been wanting for so long. I went with the spot hogg sights, mathews 2 piece quiver, new Scott release, mathews rest and PSE red line carbon arrows. I think I will shoot it a while before I decide on a stabilizer or might use the one from my current bow. I paid more attention to my bow than the wife last night so I guess that means I really like it. It also means I may have to sleep on the couch for the next week. LOL I cant wait to kill some chit with it though. Thanks for the thoughts guys the legacy does have a few more goodies but I just felt better with the Q2 in hand...

Its called ZW archery its in Phoenix, AZ. The guy is moving his shop to his house so he is having a sale. my bow was marked down from $650 to $548 and I saved about another $120 on the accesories I bought. The Legacys are marked down from $675 to $575.

Of those two I would pick the legacy. The Rival Pro lacks many of the vibration reduction goodies on some of the other bows Legacy included. It is also 40 inches cam to cam where the Legacy is only 34 inches so it is much more manueverable. Longer bows tend to be less radical and easier to hold steady but 40 inches of bow would be way too much for me to pack around in the woods. The Legacy is in betweeen the radical short bows 30-32 inch and the long hard to manuever ones 38-40 inch. Even though the legacy is smaller it is still a little heavier due to the extra stuff... Look at the Q2 if you get a chance it is basically the same as the legacy without the string suppresors and roller guard. It still has the dampeners. One other less important factor is that the Legacy comes in realtree and I think it looks cooler than the rival pro. The rival pro only comes in the plain mathews camo. The legacy and Q2 also come with the 70% letoff cam that is approved by P&Y, the rival pro is 65% letoff. minor but still a consideration. All bows by Mathews are super bows so Im sure you would be happy with either.

Check out www.mathewsinc.com I think they have specs on all the bows.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-20-2002 10:31: Message edited by: FEW ]</font>

Thanks... will do! I can imagine a 40" bow would be a pain in the neck! As for the P&Y thing, that's good to know also. While I'm not a meat or a trophy hunter, more of an experience hunter, it's nice to know that if I do get into a big buck or bull that my equipment is legal!

In following some of the other sites it looks like to hot ticket right now is the new Hoyt cam and 1/2 system. It is a hybrid based off Darton's CPS 6 cam system. I had a chance to shoot one a couple of weeks ago and it was a very nice bow. For us average shooters that don't like hanging around bow shops the level knock travel an timing marks are are a real advantage. One of the other big advantages is being able to adjust your draw length without a bow press. Mathews bows are nice, just not the best right now according to bowsmiths that know a heckuva lot more than I do.
Here is a link to more info on Hoyt's Razortec.

http://www2.huntinfo.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/010909.html

Good luck on your decision.

Im sure its a nice bow but from my experience the only shops that say Mathews arent the best are the ones that are sponsored by a different bow manufacturer, or are not authorized Mathews dealers. A guy I know shoots for PSE in tournaments and thats almost all he sells in his shop, along with darter bows. Guess what he hunts with. Yep a Mathews.LOL

Few,
I'm not partial to any particular manufacturer. Just wanted to pass on some information from a different bow site. Personally go with bow that you feel the most comfortable with and it sounds like its a Q2. Good luck with your new bow.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back