NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Wild Turkey Enchiladas

MTPharmHunter

Its been a few years since I bagged a bird so I was a little stumped about what to do with it. I decided to attempt to make some enchiladas and they turned out awesome so I thought I'd pass it on!

Ingredients:

2 Turkey Breasts
4 20 oz cans enchilada sauce
1 Onion
1 Green Pepper
1 Can black olives
2 large cans diced green chilis
30 soft tortillas
1 pound shredded cheese

Put the breasts, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 chopped pepper, and two cans of enchilada sauce in a crockpot for 6-8 hours. Take the meat out and shred it, then put it back in the crockpot. Add the chilis. If the chilis cook for more than 20-30 minutes they lose their taste so don't leave in too long.

While the chilis and shredded meat are cooking, get a 13x9 baking pan, the tortillas and cheese out. Put as much of the meat/enchilada mix into each tortilla as you want and add a little cheese. Roll the cheese and shredded meat in the tortillas and put them in the baking pan. Pour more sauce over the rolled tortillas and sprinkle with more cheese. Put the pan in a pre-heated oven (375) for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble. Remove and serve.

Using two turkey breasts and this amount of sauce will make 2- 9x13 pans and a 9x9 pan which can easily serve 8-10 people.

I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back