Who done it?

My brother encouraged me to hunt. :Youngest of 12, 6 boys, Dad was too busy making a living. I believe each of the brothers encouraged the next youngest, but the oldest being the standard bearer. THe brother just older than I was my main man.

Didn't get started until after highschool. Have enjoyed hunting for 40 years and my brother is still my main huniting partner.

Like others, my dad got me started. I remember he would pile clothes on me during deer season and I would waddle behind him as we walked to one of his favorite spots; "Doe Ridge". We would sit under one of the many tall pine trees that lined the ridge. At dark, we'd walk out and he'd always say something positive like "you sat real quiet today"....I'm sure at that age I was actually restless and made too much noise, but he must not have cared because he kept taking me along. Again, like others, my dad has aged and doesn't get around very well, so his hunting is limited.

My dad got me hooked at an early age. My love of reading helped me realize how much more was out there than the same parts of So Indiana that we hunted. He's been go 6 years now and it seems I miss him more the longer time goes on.

Here's a pic from our last hunt together:

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back