The Devil's Lettuce

Dubz337

Was perusing Rokslide for my daily amusement as per usual, and some poster started up a thread very angry that Simms posted an ad yesterday featuring a fisherman smoking a bong made out a banana. As public perceptions change, got me thinking about what people think about weed in the hunting camp/out fishing/ in general. Up here in Canada, we're all hippie communists so its been legal for a while, I can see it being different in the States though. Whats everybody's opinion? To me personally, its pretty much the same as alcohol. Once the guns are away for the day and you're sitting around the campfire, go nuts. As for fishing, fly fishing while stoned is a transcendent experience that everyone should partake in.

Was perusing Rokslide for my daily amusement as per usual, and some poster started up a thread very angry that Simms posted an ad yesterday featuring a fisherman smoking a bong made out a banana. As public perceptions change, got me thinking about what people think about weed in the hunting camp/out fishing/ in general. Up here in Canada, we're all hippie communists so its been legal for a while, I can see it being different in the States though. Whats everybody's opinion? To me personally, its pretty much the same as alcohol. Once the guns are away for the day and you're sitting around the campfire, go nuts. As for fishing, fly fishing while stoned is a transcendent experience that everyone should partake in.
Might have negative impact on sales of mountain house, heathers choice, etc., but things like funyuns, pepsi, dorito's, etc. junk food sales will go through the roof.

Last edited:
Been legal in MT for a couple years now. According to a lot of folks who opposed that citizen's initiative, the sky should've fallen around 600 days ago. Today it's up there and it's blue.

I don't care, and generally view it in the same moral context as I do drinking and have long felt that way. That said, I guess one context I view it differently in is in the presence of children. I don't see anything wrong with a person having a drink at camp with their or my kids around, but if they busted out old smoky I would feel a bit different. Not saying that's a logical perspective.

Been legal in MT for a couple years now. According to a lot of folks who opposed that citizen's initiative, the sky should've fallen around 600 days ago. Today it's up there and it's blue.

I don't care, and generally view it in the same moral context as I do drinking and have long felt that way. That said, I guess one context I view it differently in is in the presence of children. I don't see anything wrong with a person having a drink at camp with their or my kids around, but if they busted out old smoky I would feel a bit different. Not saying that's a logical perspective.
Its little idiosyncrasies like this that always perplex me. I respect your viewpoint, but the guy getting tuned up on beers is way more of a danger to himself/you/your kids than a guy smoking a joint.

Its little idiosyncrasies like this that always perplex me. I respect your viewpoint, but the guy getting tuned up on beers is way more of a danger to himself/you/your kids than a guy smoking a joint.

I wasn't imagining someone getting drunk, rather just having a beer or two. I think that is one of the differences - albeit nuanced on its own. A person can have a beer or two and still be the same guy, but it seems more of a thing that someone is often either stoned or they aren't, without much gradation between the two.

I don't have strong feelings either way.

It's getting more and more accepted in the US despite what our govt of all levels wants.

One of the biggest issues I still see with it is being able to test if you're actively high or just left over in your system from the night before.

That being said I firmly believe alcohol and cigarettes are a much greater threat to society than pot

yeah, as long as the guns are away for the day, who cares?

but like alcohol in hunting camp i really can't imagine why you'd want to.

sleep is paramount and from what i remember from some books i read research suggests that THC inhibits REM cycles, which means you're not sleeping well. so, screw that, but you do you.

Statistically, yes. Almost all domestic violence charges involve alcohol. If marijuana is involved, then so too is alcohol. I've never seen anyone act violently solely under the influence of marijuana. And even though there is such thing as a marijuana DUI, it's far less prevalent than an alcohol one.

Anecdotally, I've also seen more fights break out around a fire if alcohol was involved. Can't say I've ever seen a mellow fellow do the same.

Statistically, yes. Almost all domestic violence charges involve alcohol. If marijuana is involved, then so too is alcohol. I've never seen anyone act violently solely under the influence of marijuana. And even though there is such thing as a marijuana DUI, it's far less prevalent than an alcohol one.

Anecdotally, I've also seen more fights break out around a fire if alcohol was involved. Can't say I've ever seen a mellow fellow do the same.
but what about....

363409933-791830606073369-2072887044285856872-n.jpeg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back