What Ya Changing Up This Year

This is an elk hunting thread: What are you changing up this year (on your elk hunt)!

I've got 2 deer tags, 2 antelope tags, 2 elk tags, and a bear tag....I'm not going to ask your permission about which one I can talk about. Get over yourself, dude. There's people commenting about all sorts of animals.

Taking a young friend and his brother to Montana (new area for all of us) on their first mule deer hunt. Two other friends are joining me for this year's elk hunt in Wyoming - they have my old alaknak tent and a new woodstove. I have been wearing my new Mystery Ranch pack - the modestly named Dragonslayer - on warm-up hikes. And to cap it off I am waiting delivery on a new trailer to haul all the stuff.

Good thread. I'll be going on my first rifle elk hunt this year. Have been archery hunting elk the prior 2 years with no luck, but had some great encounters. So my whole plan will change from calling to spot/stalk. They still might be bugling seeing it will be 2nd weekend in October, but we'll see. Also bought some new Danner High Ground boots that I'll be giving a try.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back