What happens when you die?

I’ve been doing a pretty good job. I’ve been keeping the best of one species. With the exception of elk, I have one that the fronts just makes a great paper towel dispenser for my workbench. But, it’s just a skull plate so not really Taxadermy. I kept one of my Dad’s mounts with the most meaning. Everything else gets given away to friends, what’s left of the horn piles get sold at the estate auction.

Someone will likely get a screaming deal on some good stuff...as long as my sister's backwards East TX husband doesn't get anything. Heck if at the current rate of reloading inflation I might be sitting on a small fortune of just RL26
Amen Brother. I have a separate will for Mrs45 to understand the street value of my primer stash and my .358 Norma Magnum brass. I dont want her getting gypped on it.

Of course its in the gun safe where she won't she it until I'm dead.

man that dead guy collected some garbage mounts.

Probably the same thing passerby will say after I am gone and my critters are piled up at the curb.
Yeah, I wonder how long those things kicked around in the corner of a shed or storage unit before someone got tired of paying the rent on it...

I’ve sold some. Contemplating selling some more. Not sure why that’s so hard for me. When I die , most will get sold I bet so I might as well get a head start on it.

Heck it was hard for me to take 80# of crushed Hopzone cans to pacific steel last week. I only got $28.

I have a couple of mounts from my grandfather and father that I'll keep forever. I appear to be the end of line for hunters in my family (no kids), so guessing they all go in trash when I'm gone.

I've told some family about some expensive stuff I have that they would have no idea about otherwise. Someone will likely get a deal of lifetime when they find my swaro binos/spotter in a Goodwill.....:confused:

I had a mentor that hunted and fished all over the world. He made arrangements to have all of his mounts donated to schools for the blind. If I remember correctly, I think they were spread out across multiple states. He wanted those folks to be able to touch/feel/visualize all of the different animals he had been so blessed to hunt. I thought it was pretty cool thing to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back