Caribou Gear

'Yotes: What to do with carcusses when pelts have little value?

It would seem some people don't know or care. I just saw where some were discussing using them as bear bait, but what if you aren't a bear hunter, etc. What is considered 'ethical'?

Wyoming Hunters Angry Over Pile Of Coyote Carcasses Dumped In Public
Wyoming hunters are reacting with anger over whoever left a pile of dead coyotes along a road to a popular recreation area near Rock Springs. They say it undercuts the importance of ethical predator control.

PS - Never shot a 'yote. The question is asked in earnest, as I don't know the answer.
Why not just not shoot'em?

A hunt club I'm in has a designated spot to dump carcasses. Most hogs and all coyotes are dumped there.

I encourage people to wantonly kill and waste any predators of turkeys.

Another property I have access to is managed by a rule requiring the consumption of anything killed. The place is overrun by hogs and coyotes to the exclusion of deer and turkeys. You will see a coyote there any night and will see a hog if you put in a little effort. Deer, usually not. Turkeys, never. I live nearby and kill several deer every year on my property.

Last edited:
Probably a great time to buy if you can vacuum pack and freeze them after drying. Could you imagine a freezer full of prime western heavy coyote you payed $5 to $15 for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back