Watch Your Back for Bear

Ike

I hade a buddy here in town ask me to show him a bear last fall. He’d listened to my stories and others about bear hunting but never been, so I told him sure, jump in and we’ll go look for bear.

We drove out to a place I’d never caught a bear but where bears did live, took a little two-track road that came to a dead-end in several miles. Nothing! So we messed around at a spring for a few minutes and let the four dogs get down and get a drink then turned around and headed out.

After driving down our back track just over a mile my four hounds blew up with a roar—all at once. So I set the four down and let them go strike for bear. They went out to the east rather quickly and climbed out to the top of a cedar ridge, jumped that bear and with a roar they went straight south like they were shot out of a slingshot.

WE jumped in the truck and drove as fast as we could to stay in hearing distance—twice. The Wolf Pack fell on the wood near the road and in a narrow canyon that wasn’t very steep, one of the easier trees I’d ever seen.

That buddy of mine just smiled and watched the bear in the tree and the dogs work it, smiled and said, “That’s neat.” And he is right, aint nothing neater than watching a good pack of bear dogs from rig to tree with a guy that hasn’t ever seen it.

The ikester hump

Attachments

• wolfpacktreed.jpg
    wolfpacktreed.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 254
Redbone on the tree

coondog said:
look at that redbone on the tree, gotta like that. coondog

Yeah, that ole Ike dog of mine sure does like to stand up on the wood! Fun aint it?
Ike hump

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back