Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Three kids & a dog

Our next couple of days were wet, with limited view. Finally an evening bull was spotted, next morning, four more bulls a couple miles off.
Bulls.jpgbull1.JPG
I did a big hike exploring from higher ground. Lots of moose sign, scraps, heavy game trails, alder leaves stripped from the plants.

View attachment Moose sign2.jpg
View attachment Moose sign.jpg

A good flat spot was found with a great view. The following day we broke camp and reset closer to some moose, and the wind was blowing hard!
night light.JPG

Another grey day and the kid spots a nice bull mid morning. He and his boy take off, each one with their rifle. My grandson has his first moose tag. The further they get from camp, the nastier the weather gets. I lose sight of them and the bull in the rain and fog. They scraped and called. The ceiling dropped down on them.
moose chasing.JPGa moose chasing.JPG

We noticed that, moose this year, were not responding to calling. We had a few opportunities, and they didn't respond. The rain began to pour! No bull to be found.
When they got back, I made everyone, shredded BBQ moose & cheese hoagie sandwiches.

BBQ moose Hogie roll.JPGBBQ moose Hogie.JPG

My tent is 12'x14'. This is how we do it. Two bunk bed cots and mine. Everyone's stuff is in totes. Cook station just out the door by wood stove.

View attachment Camp1.JPG
View attachment Camp2.JPG

Blueberry pancakes.JPG
Can't make these fast enough!

School Home work
home work.JPG
Better home work
Alaska home work.jpghome_work.JPG

That evening some nails got polished. Apparently a two part process. A moose camp first!

Polish1.JPGPolish2.JPGPolish3.JPG

Back