Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Theron spotting scope

JohnCushman

I just received my Theron Saker spotting scope from Predator Optics. Now that I've had a nice day to get it out and look through it, I can easily say I'm totally impressed. I had a Bushnell spotting scope that blurred up at higher magnifications that I actually spent more money on than what the Theron cost. The Theron has crisp optic view, even at higher magnification, and it comes in a durable soft case that you leave on the scope and just peel the ends back. It has a really good warranty also. The quality of this scope will rival anything in a price point 2 or 3 times as expensive. Once again, I got awesome service and very fast shipping. I can't say enough about Predator Optics!!

Thanks, schmalts, once again!!

Good to hear. I'm going to try to pick up a pair of Theron binos from him pretty soon to keep in my truck so I don't abuse my Vortex binos.

Been considering a spotter. May try to get one of those too.

Bought a set of Therons from Pat and have never looked back. They are as good as any of the higher buck bino's out there INMHO. Pat also gives great customer service. IIRC it was4 days from order to my door.

Therons are just as good as your Vortex I'd say.i've looked through both and didn't notice a lot of difference.These were the highest costing Therons that I use to have that I used for comparing
Just bought a pair from him and cant wait to get them in the mail

Hey Cush, did you get angled or straight? I can't decide which one I want. I'm tall at 6' 3" and think the angled would be more comfortable in most positions but I've heard straight has benefits also.

Also, this was in the description of both models and I'm not quite sure what it means. Can you shed some light on this for me?

Body rotates in the mounting collar for use while laying down or window mounting

It means you can rotate the scope so your angled eyepiece comes out to the side rather than up if you are in a prone position, it is handy on the range. I have it on my straight scope and have found it of little utility.

Thanks for the reply. It seems to me with that feature you really get the best of both worlds out of an angled spotter. Or is there something I'm missing?

I just think angled spotters look stupid, especially on the side of a mountain and when you have to get all contorted to look through it downhill....lol

The Therons I won on the Predator FB page have really impressed everybody who has looked through them. Couple of guys said they were too nice to leave in the truck so I have taken to bringing them in after a trip.

Hey Cush, did you get angled or straight? I can't decide which one I want. I'm tall at 6' 3" and think the angled would be more comfortable in most positions but I've heard straight has benefits also.

Also, this was in the description of both models and I'm not quite sure what it means. Can you shed some light on this for me?

As tall as you are I would talk you towards the angle body. Shorter tripod hight is another result of the angle body.

As tall as you are I would talk you towards the angle body. Shorter tripod hight is another result of the angle body.

I plan on ordering one before long. I have the money but need to finish up a couple little jobs before I spend it. Just in case. Are there any coupon codes for Hunt Talkers I should know about? Free shipping, % off, etc......

Just in case. Are there any coupon codes for Hunt Talkers I should know about? Free shipping, % off, etc......
Not of the spotters since they have been at a lower price than they should normally be because of the increase in manufactures cost. Do you have a tripod yet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back