Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

The question, where to hunt if?

Big Slick

The question was asked where would you have hunted 100 years ago. My question is...Where would you hunt if you hit the Powerball tonight?

South Africa, Alaska, White Mountain Reservation, AZ, Mexico.....in that order. That should burn through my 1st weeks allowance. :) Only crappy part about it is I wouldn't really have to buy any new rifles to do it. :(

I'd buy up around 1k acres around me here in Indiana, spend my time farming and managing it for whitetails and turkeys, and just go hunt wherever/whatever I wanted in my spare time.

Since I still have yet to harvest many western species, I'd probably stick to DIY elk, deer, 'lopes, bears, AK moose, 'bou, etc. for the first few years. After I had a few of those on the wall, then I'd probably start venturing out to Africa, New Zealand, and South America.

I'd buy up around 1k acres around me here in Indiana, spend my time farming and managing it for whitetails and turkeys, and just go hunt wherever/whatever I wanted in my spare time. QUOTE]

What he said... Then elk,then to Africa. Maybe a grand slam turkey trip after that.

I'd buy up around 1k acres around me here in Indiana, spend my time farming and managing it for whitetails and turkeys, and just go hunt wherever/whatever I wanted in my spare time.

Since I still have yet to harvest many western species, I'd probably stick to DIY elk, deer, 'lopes, bears, AK moose, 'bou, etc. for the first few years. After I had a few of those on the wall, then I'd probably start venturing out to Africa, New Zealand, and South America.

^^^^^But substitute Asia for Africa. I too long deep down in my soul to have land at home in IN.....sadly enough the PPA currently makes that somewhat of a pipedream :/

I'd buy a ranch in MT and then try to block up all the inholdings of public land and try to trade them for something of lesser quality...sorry I coudn't resist :W:

I'd probably buy a medium sized ranch with good water and plenty of critters so I could tinker when not hunting.

I would buy up an island in southeast Alaska, big enough to have all of the western critters on it, bear, elk, deer, moose, and I would also be able to fish any day of the week too and I would be very happy.

Gredos Ibex in Spain, Reindeer and Atlantic Salmon in Iceland, AK Moose/Caribou Float, Canmore AB Bighorn, Chamois in Germany or Austria, and Lord Derby's Eland in the C.A.R, and A B.C. Stone Sheep/Moose/Mtn Caribou combo.

I would start in NWT in July, head to AK in August-September, then head to the Rockies for September-November. Hit the midwest from November-December then on to Mehico from December -Spring.

Come the next year I'd do it again.

I'd hunt in Montana since it looks like that's what it's going to take to afford it :D But, on a serious note, I would hunt every state that has elk and take the title of ASEH...America's Sexiest Elk Hunter. Then I would do it in Canada :D And I would buy some new flip flops :hump:

I'd buy my dad and myself a landowner tag in New Mexico for elk. I'd be content with that.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bowhunter3303
Back