PEAX Equipment

The Devil's Lettuce

Compare the number of pot smokers to the number of people who consume alcohol... Alcohol has been widely used significantly longer than pot.
I think it’s been clearly stated that the number of alcohol users and the number of MJ users are very skewed because one is socially acceptable and one is not. Everyone on this website can say they had a drink last night! There is a major PENALTY looming over everyone on this websites head if they say they smoked some herb last night….

View attachment 324237

Time and quantity consumed have nothing to do with each other. Are you drunk?
One could make an argument that the plant was being consumed before the fermentation process of alcohol was widely accepted and therefore in your current timeframe and knowledge it is more widely used but at one time there were more people consuming weed than alcohol.

Just yesterday afternoon i went into a local Portland area USPS office and when going through the door got hit with a wall of pot odor.

One customer looked super happy but was taking a long time at the counter. I assume they were trying to convince the person behind the counter that a house made out of french toast is better than one made out of pancakes, and that’s why USPS needs to make a french toast stamp that’s also scratch and sniff.

Then a short time later while driving down a secondary road I saw an interesting dude walking on the sidewalk with a literal cloud of smoke billowing out behind him.

Sort of like the Pigpen character from Charlie Brown, only with pot smoke instead of the dirt cloud. It was classic, but just another day.

I think it’s been clearly stated that the number of alcohol users and the number of MJ users are very skewed because one is socially acceptable and one is not. Everyone on this website can say they had a drink last night! There is a major PENALTY looming over everyone on this websites head if they say they smoked some herb last night….
I did.

View attachment 324237

Time and quantity consumed have nothing to do with each other. Are you drunk?
A quick google shows that 17% of americans smoke pot.
While 78.5% consume alcohol.

Just for shits sake, let's just say 5% of alcohol consumers make a stupid decisions once they drink.
The same 5% of people would probably make a stupid decision when they're high.

It will undoubtedly make alcohol look significantly worse because it's more widely used. There's a lot more opportunity for someone to make a dumb decision with it.

Does alcohol really lead to more negative interactions? Or is it just because the number of mj users is so low when compared to alcohol? Does it proportionally make it seem like less negative interactions?

In the end, it still shouldn't be a which is worse. They're both not great, but I really don't care what people do. I wish people who smoke pot wouldn't always feel the need to do it up wind of me...

What's your point? Alcohol has been more widely used and accepted - making negative interactions significantly more likely.
I’m saying they’ve both been around for millennia, they’ve both been studied very extensively, and there is proof and research that shows alcohol leads to more negative interactions.

It isn't like marijuana use only started when it started being legalized. Its been used for just as long as alcohol, had studies done on it just as long as alcohol, and been available to the public, legal or not, just as long as alcohol. I think we have a pretty good idea on the differences of the effects on a person that alcohol and marijuana have, and which has the propensity to cause the more negative interactions.
Use in (mostly) secret while used in (mostly) openness are different. Don't pretend that doesn't impact how people conduct themselves as users.

Regardless, your first point is potentially false on it's face and is otherwise irrelevant due to the comments above. The remainder of your post ignores the bulk of mine.

I had typed this up and then chose not to respond. Then you doubled down.

Did your teachers also tell you that wouldn’t always have a calculator in your pocket

History of Cannabis

1714052471364.png

The Earliest Alcoholic Beverage in the World

1714052537492.png

Alcohol and society

1714055195452.png

Use in (mostly) secret while used in (mostly) openness are different. Don't pretend that doesn't impact how people conduct themselves as users.

Regardless, your first point is potentially false on it's face and is otherwise irrelevant due to the comments above. The remainder of your post ignores the bulk of mine.

I had typed this up and then chose not to respond. Then you doubled down.

History of Cannabis

View attachment 324236

The Earliest Alcoholic Beverage in the World

View attachment 324238

Alcohol and society

View attachment 324242
So been used since 2800 BCE according to what you linked, but it’s not been researched in all that time until it became legalized in some states the past few years? Really?

And used in open or secret isn’t that much of a difference. Scientists have extensively researched both weed and alcohol, and shown the effects they both have on the brain. People use hard drugs in secret based on what you’re saying, pretty easy to see the negative outcomes with those.

Never heard of anyone smoking a joint and then beating their wife, or getting into a bar fight, etc. are you really going to sit there and say alcohol doesn’t contribute in those events? We’ve had LEOs in this very thread say the same thing.

What penalty is looming? Going to get banned? Socially ostracized by strangers on the internet?

I drank an IPA and smoked a joint last night while chewing Copenhagen..... Arrest me, HuntTalk

This has essentially become the age old "Stoner vs Drunk" argument everyone has heard two friends bicker about for hours in a garage. It's not a productive conversation anymore. And to think this all started out because of some fly fishing nerds. Good grief.

What penalty is looming? Going to get banned? Socially ostracized by strangers on the internet?

I drank an IPA and smoked a joint last night while chewing Copenhagen..... Arrest me, HuntTalk

This has essentially become the age old "Stoner vs Drunk" argument everyone has heard two friends bicker about for hours in a garage. It's not a productive conversation anymore. And to think this all started out because of some fly fishing nerds. Good grief.
It’s illegal in the USA to purchase a firearm and consume cannabis with current laws as is.

You’re correct. But me saying I did it on the internet isn’t that same as actually doing it. I guess im not too worried my comment above is ever going to show up in an interview with the ATF haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back