The Devil's Lettuce

yes oregon voted to decriminalize hard drugs. That went really well, no problems whatsoever.

And Oregon had initially promised pot growers they’d approve only local producers, but them opened the floodgates to out of state money and drove a lot of locals out of business.

In a cash grab, the state also approved MJ producers with criminal records/felonies and then guess what, some didn’t comply with growing regulations. Surprise.

And several politicians seeking election or reelection attended fundraisers with and took wads of cash from a particular marijuana power couple/business.

Then the Secretary of State started taking money from that same marijuana business while overseeing an investigation into it. She resigned and apparently there are State and Federal investigations pending.

So you fellas in MT take note, and dont do it how Oregon has done it.

Thanks. mtmuley

giphy.gif

I have strong beliefs around recreational drug use, even though I've never used drugs recreationally. I've seen marijuana ruin or limit a lot of future opportunities for some kids in my school district. I don't think the stuff should be legal for kids because they're kids.

It isn’t legal for kids. Nowhere is it legal for kids lol

So you haven't been to Portland? Stop on by, maybe next year on 4/20 and get hot boxed. Edit to add I knew a team of house framers who smoked "grass" on their rest breaks. I haven't checked on the houses to see how they're holding up, but I assume they're ok. Probably easier to focus where to put each nail.

Some of the hardest working and most successful people I know smoke the ganj. All good crafstmen or successful at their work. I get it, you have a bias, anecdotally, I have not seen it have a massive impact on my community. I'd rather see alcohol illegal before mary jane.

Some of the hardest working and most successful people I know smoke the ganj. All good crafstmen or successful at their work. I get it, you have a bias, anecdotally, I have not seen it have a massive impact on my community. I'd rather see alcohol illegal before mary jane.
I understand what you're saying, though I'm not sure what it means when people say they knmow people who smoke pot. Other "successful people" drink booze and do lines of Columbian racing powder. And still others probably ride the ice pony. In response maybe their company's stock price goes up, or down.

I'm not opposed to people using stinky lettuce and being responsible about it, but like everything (including booze), it gets abused. I see this more often than I'd like in the area where I live. Pot smoke blowing into your face concerts, and into my truck window when I'm driving down the street. Probably not equivalent to stepping in someone's Bacardi 151 induced vomit on the sidewalk or in the concert honeybucket, but not the best smell in the world, and I'd rather my kids not have to smell it from 10 feet away.

I've got zero problems with it, I don't partake (I need another bad habit like I need a hole in my head). However since it became legal here people seem to think it's legal to everywhere. Last summer I took my 3 and 5 year old to a fun park. While waiting in for the go karts there was a man bun douche bag smoking pot. Blowing right back in my kids face. We had words, and then I spun out his go kart, twice. 🙃 I realize this is just one bad apple but it's pretty common in public since becoming legal.

Back