Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Thanks Leupold

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Great company who has been with us from the start. Extremely happy that Leupold is so committed to our message and the audience we reach.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1420589325k64xj34bxyj

Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Leupold® To Become Title Sponsor of Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg

BEAVERTON, Ore. - Leupold & Stevens, Inc., is excited to announce an agreement to become title sponsor of Sportsman Channel's "Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg."

"Randy Newberg is the face of self-guided hunting in the western United States," said Bruce Pettet, president and chief executive officer of Leupold & Stevens, Inc. "His passion for hunting and conservation are unmatched. Leupold is proud to align with a show that showcases the great hunting we all enjoy out west."

"Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg" takes viewers along for extreme hunts on public lands of the American west. Newberg serves as host and producer, striving to show the amazing opportunities available to any and all Americans. The two-year sponsorship agreement will cover the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

"I've used Leupold rifle scopes for more than thirty years, since the beginning of my career. Leupold's investment in hunting and conservation leads the industry, making them a perfect fit for our story of hunting the public lands of America," said Newberg. "Being part of the Leupold family has special meaning for us, and having them as our title sponsor extends our great relationship to even higher levels."

Join the discussion on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/LeupoldOptics or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/LeupoldOptics.

Founded in Oregon more than century ago, Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a fifth generation, family owned company that designs, machines and assembles its riflescopes, mounting systems and tactical/Gold Ring™ spotting scopes in the USA. The product lines include rifle, handgun and spotting scopes; binoculars; rangefinders; mounting systems; and optical tools and accessories.

Leupold & Stevens, Inc., P.O. Box 688, Beaverton, OR 97075-0688, U.S.A.

Phone: (800) LEUPOLD or (503) 526-1400 • Fax: (503) 352-7621 • www.leupold.com

Allen Forkner, Swanson Russell (402) 437-6428 [email protected]

If you are so inclined to do so, please let them know you appreciate the great support they have shown for the message of self-guided public land hunting. Leupold reinvests heavily in conservation, though they keep it quiet, considering that investment to be part of their responsibility.

Here is a link where you can contact them, if you are so inclined ----> http://www.leupold.com/contact/share-your-leupold-story/

Leupold is the top choice for many reasons, title sponsoring "Fresh Tracks" just makes it permanent. Thanks Leupold!!!

I think it is a fitting company to sponsor your show, Fin. They seem like the kind of people who really support the ethics and style you bring to your show.

I will be mounting a gold ring optic on my new varmint rig tomorrow, and maybe with a little luck will be posting some pics of some dead coyotes and fox by the end of the weekend!

Great companies like this only bring further credence to the message Randy puts out there, perfect match.

Congrads for the great sponser Randy !!!
All my guns are topped with Leupold scopes.

Great addition to the show..I will be looking into the Howa rifles soon.

MT.PERCHMAN

Great company and great product. Every rifle my family owns has a Leupold on top of it. I just ordered a new CDS for my wife's rifle. Happy to hear it Randy!

I just put a vx2 3-9x40 with cds on my Kimber Montana in 325 wsm. Can't wait to stretch it out. Their support of "Fresh Tracks" played a major role in my decision.

All my go to rifles have a Leupold on them and it's great to hear of their sponsorship of the best show on the air. I just sent a thank you email to pmundy at Leupold.

What's going to happen with Federal? Being a sponsor of the show was an influence on my choice to shoot them :D

Not sure what Federal is doing with their TV strategy. I'll do my best to explain what happened. It will give some insight as to how the TV sponsorship world works, especially when new people step in and ad agencies are involved.

I have nothing but great impressions of Federal and their product. I am grateful for the six years of relationship that was put in place by the Federal people previously in charge of these decisions. Business policies result in some decisions that are difficult. This was one of them.

Federal is owned by ATK, a publicly traded company. ATK has been aggressively acquiring brands, now having 30+ brands in their sporting division. Their flagship brands are Federal Ammo, Bushnell Optics, Savage Rifles, and Blackhawk Accessories. All their other brands are considered secondary brands, some of which we used.

Last April I was informed of a new policy, implemented at the direction of a new VP (and I think as of a few weeks ago, a VP who is moving on). The new policy was that TV shows were expected to use at least two of the flagship ATK brands, preferably three. Proposals submitted by TV shows would be scored in large part on that commitment to integrate multiple ATK flagship brands.

That new policy brought the expectation that I would drop my rifle and optics sponsor to use similar products under the ATK brand. My loyalty does not allow me to do that.

Yet, I understand their idea to consolidate as much media presence as possible. To try get volume pricing by purchasing multiple categories within a show. That would save money and get more leverage to all the ATK brands for each dollar spent. That's just part of the hard nosed business world; not just outdoor TV. That is what I know of the rationale for the new process.

Besides loyalty issues, I did not want my three most valuable sponsor categories (ammo, rifles, optics) in the hands of the same ad agency. I also had multi-year deals with the rifle and ammo categories, whereas ATK uses one-year deals. I also did not want to heavily discount those three categories, given they are the most valuable of the categories for a quality western big game show.

I kept my rifle and optics sponsors. Our proposal did not score high enough under whatever new scoring system the ad agency and ATK used. They decided to invest elsewhere. Was disappointing after six years of a great relationship with some really great guys at Federal, but such is business.

Leupold has always had first option on the title sponsorship of our show. When I informed them that such option was going to be open, they exercised that option. They are now the title sponsor for the show.

Just part of the business of outdoor TV. I've never left a sponsor and went looking for a bigger check somewhere else. Never will. I turn down as many sponsors as I accept, due to many of them making products that would not perform well under our hunting conditions. And, I use a lot of products I don't get paid to use. Why? Because they are much better than similar products I could get paid to use.

Sometimes ad agencies and companies come up with new ideas or make requests that don't work well for my style and my motivations for doing this project. And, in some of those instances my adherence to how I operate can result in consequences that are very expensive for me. That said, when I feel like I have to do things counter to my personal sense of loyalty, then I will hang up the cameras and call it a good run.

With that, Leupold has rewarded us for the loyalty we have shown. And for that, I am very grateful.

Forward and onward!

quote : Just part of the business of outdoor TV. I've never left a sponsor and went looking for a bigger check somewhere else. Never will. I turn down as many sponsors as I accept, due to many of them making products that would not perform well under our hunting conditions. And, I use a lot of products I don't get paid to use. Why? Because they are much better than similar products I could get paid to use.

Randy thank you for sticking to your belief's on this. I believe it shows a true ethical person to do this. Also when you promote a product your also promoting your ethics. Your not acting as a clown like some do when promoting products that lack credibility.
Boy things have changed since Gordon Eastman did his films. I get a kick out of watching his films and how successful they were with some very basic gear. No super camo or scent killer just good old hunting knowledge.
Thanks for standing up for what's right.
Dan

Leupold's commitment to the average hunter & conservation is why there are golden rings on almost all of my rifles.

In fact, i need to get a couple more scopes this year. Great product, great folks.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back