Caribou Gear Tarp

Top Western Hunting Self-Promoters, Rank 11-25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I like Janis, but I dont think he should be ahead of Randy. He's part of the meateater crew, but I don't know that he would have the notoriety without Rinella. Also, did I miss THP??

These threads are more fun if you assume the point is ranking the best hunting media figures.

Ignoring
If this is the last post on this thread I'd consider it a win with only 26 responses.

Like little kids that throw tantrums, giving them more attention only encourages more tantrums.
Ideally his next thread would have zero responses. Then he can go start his own "highly profitable" forum.

I do not get it. What is your deal?!?
The second to the last thing you make me want to do is even think about looking at a website/FB/IG or anything that would represent someone that acts like you have.
The last thing you make me want to do is click on another one of your threads.
Festus out...
I don't expect non residents to understand, though you are impacted.

Self-promoters' continued success negatively impacts NR hunting opportunities. NR applications west-wide have increased significantly for a limited number of tags, which simply decreases draw chances for already limited opportunity.

The increase in NR applications has led to NR tag price increases - and these will continue as more and more NRs fall for self-promoter marketing and applications continue to increase. State G&F department's notice this and prices react to market forces.

Resident hunter backlash in AK, CO, ID, WY and MT has or will decrease NR tag opportunities either through fewer limited quota tags (WY), decreased OTC opportunities (ID) or outfitter set asides (MT).

Self-promoters are victims of their own success, as most need to draw NR tags to produce the always increasing hunger for content. Now that they've over-promoted, draw competition has hurt their draw chances too. This is why self-promoters are now filming hunts by production staff - my guess is they have everyone on the production staff put in for tags hoping enough draw that they can fill a season-worth of content.

This is also why they are now moving into turkey hunting, shed hunting and other types of non-big game hunting content where there may or may not be limited quota tags required. Extensive social media promotion of this other stuff significantly increases participation west-wide which leads to overcrowding, etc.

Shed hunting regulation in Wyoming and other states has increased in reaction as wildlife is negatively effected. Next will come shed hunting paid permits and possibly limited quota permits for NRs.

Familiar pattern.

Self-promoters' continued success negatively impacts NR hunting opportunities. NR applications west-wide have increased significantly for a limited number of tags, which simply decreases draw chances for already limited opportunity.

The increase in NR applications has led to NR tag price increases - and these will continue as more and more NRs fall for self-promoter marketing and applications continue to increase. State G&F department's notice this and prices react to market forces.

Resident hunter backlash in AK, CO, ID, WY and MT has or will decrease NR tag opportunities either through fewer limited quota tags (WY), decreased OTC opportunities (ID) or outfitter set asides (MT).

Self-promoters are victims of their own success, as most need to draw NR tags to produce the always increasing hunger for content. Now that they've over-promoted, draw competition has hurt their draw chances too. This is why self-promoters are now filming hunts by production staff - my guess is they have everyone on the production staff put in for tags hoping enough draw that they can fill a season-worth of content.

This is also why they are now moving into turkey hunting, shed hunting and other types of non-big game hunting content where there may or may not be limited quota tags required. Extensive social media promotion of this other stuff significantly increases participation west-wide which leads to overcrowding, etc.

Shed hunting regulation in Wyoming and other states has increased in reaction as wildlife is negatively effected. Next will come shed hunting paid permits and possibly limited quota permits for NRs.

Familiar pattern.

wait, i thought you were all for resident preference? but are you whining about NR draw odds? like you want NRs to have better draw odds? it sounds like you're trying to emotionally appeal to the NR's support for hating hunting influencers for ruining NR hunting while you show such blatant contempt for the NR........ maybe you should be glad that hunting influencers are apparently screwing the NR. isnt that what you want?

whatever

last nights smoked mule deer roast with grass fed beef marrow for some reason turned out to be one of the finest tasting, tender game dinners i've ever cooked

IMG-7687.jpg

This jokester's posts are entertaining. It's incredible seeing someone be as genuinely clueless as these threads demonstrate on this forum. I needed this pick me up as I eat my bowl of cereal this morning.

Familiar pattern.

124498518_2919917411561268_5414130091381735981_n.jpg

Check out his website
Is this the point of these posts? Has he just watched a marketing Tik Tok by a 20 year old? "Get your name out there son. There is no such thing as bad publicity. Mentions equal money. Ignore the hate, be the Jake Paul troll of the hunting industry." Challenge Cam Hanes to a cage fight. Race Beau's best llama. Set up a debate with Rinella. Challenge Big Fin to a DQ eating contest. You got this, you're the best. Publicize yourself, Glorify your purity in the mountains, and Monetize your superior morals.

I think the misunderstanding lies with your attempts to "save the world or at least WY resident hunting". What you are preaching against has been happening throughout the outdoor recreation industry as a whole. Wouldn't it be great if you had the best secret fishing hole, hiking trail, ski run, camp site, duck pond, etc...fill in the blank. What if Yellowstone was a walk in wilderness area just for a few to enjoy. I think what you're attempting is not hard to understand, I think you have a misunderstanding of people and your own influence upon them.

I think the misunderstanding lies with your attempts to "save the world or at least WY resident hunting". What you are preaching against has been happening throughout the outdoor recreation industry as a whole. Wouldn't it be great if you had the best secret fishing hole, hiking trail, ski run, camp site, duck pond, etc...fill in the blank. What if Yellowstone was a walk in wilderness area just for a few to enjoy. I think what you're attempting is not hard to understand, I think you have a misunderstanding of people and your own influence upon them.
The difference now is the low barrier to entry for the self-promoters (iPhone, internet), social media / circle jerk networking effects across multiple platforms (FB, IG, YT, podcasts), tag applying services like gohunt.com, huntingfool.com, mapping services like OnX/Google earth etc. as part of an entire new industry build around DIY hunting.

Western hunting is only one example - others include climbing, thru-hiking, MTB, ... but hunting is very vulnerable politically.

Western-Hunting Self Promoter:
Any person who produces glorified western hunting media (video, photos, podcasts, magazines, books) with the intention of monetizing it through advertising, product sales, sponsorships, subscriptions, memberships, donations, guided hunts, etc.

Western hunting self-promoters readily film and post video-taped kill shots, glorified grip and grin dead animal trophy pics, and related hunting gore, handing it over to the anti-hunters print-ready for placement in anti-hunting ads.

Self-promoting celebrity hunters glorify western big game hunting to increase hype and boost sales. This results in increased hunting pressure on western-state public lands. They value money from nonresident hunters over maintaining uncrowded, quality hunting experiences for western-state resident hunters.

25. Jeff Roberts, Bobby Petit - YouTubers

www.pnwild.com
Selling? Sponsorships, Advertising, Knife, Logowear
Instagram Handle @pnwild_
Instagram Bio “PNW based sportsmen dedicated to showcasing the beauty and bounty of the land we call home.Subscribe to our YouTube channel for gear reviews and hunts”
Instagram Followers 24.2K
YouTube Subscribers 8.94K
Facebook Followers 8K
Podcast? Yes
Sponsors: Vortex, Phelps Game Calls, Exo Mountain Gear, OxX, Ticca, Kestrel Glassing System, Zoleo

24. Brad Brooks - YouTuber

argalioutdoors.com
Selling? Belts, Knives, Game Bags, Logo Wear,
Instagram Handle argali_official
Instagram Bio “Driven by wildland conservation. We make quality gear designed by and for backcountry hunters. Also, we make rad adventure hunting films.”
Instagram Followers 19.8K
Youtube Subscribers 7.7K
Facebook Followers 3K
Podcast? Not Yet
Sponsors: First Lite, Prime, Vortex

23. Adam Foss - Instagramer, YouTuber
Instagram Handle
fossman8
Instagram Followers 26K
Instagram Bio "photo + film things, bowhunt + roam in b/w"
YouTube Followers 197
Sponsors Sitka, Matthews, Gerber, Yeti, Hilleberg

22. Dan Stanton - YouTuber

elkshape.com
Location Washington
What's He Selling? Fitness plans, advertising, fitness courses, logo gear
Instagram Handle @elkshape
Instagram Bio Believer | Husband | Father | Hunter
Instagram Followers 27.8K
Youtube Subscribers 31.9K
Facebook Followers 4.5K
Podcast? Yes
Sponsors Pnuma, Onx, Wildernes Athlete, Matthews Archery, Vortex, Kifaru, Black Rifle Company, Bakcou Ebike, Stowaway Gourmet

21. Ryan Lampers - Podcaster

huntharvesthealth.com, westernhuntingsummit.com
What's He Selling? Rifle Cover, $1400 3-day 'Western Hunting Course', Food Dehydration Equipment, Cook Book, Health Supplements, "Hormone Counseling" / Testosterone Therapy
Instagram Handle @sthealthyhunter
Instagram Bio None
Instagram Followers 43.5
Youtube Subscribers 3.16
Facebook Followers 750 (western hunting course)
Podcast? Yes
Sponsor: Stone Glacier

20. Jason Matzinger - TV Show Personality

intohighcountry.com
What's He Selling? Advertising/Sponsors for the Into High Country TV Show, Logo Gear, Knives
Instagram Handle @jasonmatzingerofficial
Instagram Bio None
Instagram Followers 49.6K
Youtube Subscribers 24.3K
Facebook Followers 10.1K
Podcast? No
Sponsors: Prime Archery, Montana Canvas, Onx, Vortex, Sitka, Wilderness Athletes, Mystery Ranch, Schnee's, Bugling Bull, Yeti, Black Gold

19. Ben O'Brien, Podcaster

Website
: meateater.com/listen/the-hunting-collective-2
Selling Podcast Advertising, Sponsorships, memberships
Instagram Handle @bennyob301
Instagram Bio “Hunter, husband to Hannah, father to James Benjamin and Asher August, Host of The Hunting Collective Podcast, and Director of Hunting for @meateater.”
Instagram Followers 52.3K
Podcast The Hunting Collective
Sponsors: First Lite, FHF Gear

18. Steve Speck - YouTuber, Podcaster

Website
exomountaingear.com
Location Idaho
Selling Partnerships, backpacks
Instagram Handle huntbackcountry
Instagram Followers 68.9K
Instagram Bio "Backcountry Hunting Pack Systems – Comfortable, Durable, Simple, & Versatile"
YouTube Followers 10.2K
Podcast Hunt Backcountry Podcast
Sponsors Hoyt, Exo, First Lite

17. Brian Call - Podcaster/YouTuber

Website
https://briancall.com
Location Washington
Selling Advertising, Sponsorships, Subscriptions, Logo Wear
Instagram Handle @brian_call
Instagram Bio “Hunter, Conservationist, Public Land Defender.”
Instagram Followers 79.2K
Facebook Followers 20K
YouTube Subscribers 61.5K
Podcast Gritty Bowman
Sponsors Sitka, Peax, MTN OPS, Goat Knives, Seek Outside, Heather's Choice, Alpacka Rafts, Sheep Feet

16. Corey Jacobsen - YouTuber

Website
https://www.elk101.com
Location Idaho
Selling Sponsorships, Advertising, Course, Subscriptions, Game Calls
Instagram Handle @coreyjacobsen.elk101
Instagram Bio “Husband, Father, Elk Hunter! 11-time World Elk Calling Champion”
Instagram Followers 79.5K
Facebook Followers 95.8K
YouTube Subscribers 94.8K

15. Fred Eichler - TV Show Host, YouTuber, Podcaster

Website
: fredeichler.com
Selling Advertising, Sponsorships, Outfitted Hunts, Logo Wear
Instagram Handle @fredeichler
Instagram Bio “Hunter, Guide & Trapper. Has taken all 29 North American big game species with a recurve bow.”
Instagram Followers 90K
Facebook Followers 178K
YouTube Subscribers 28.7K
Podcast Everything Eichler Podcast
Sponsors 3 Rivers Archery, Bass Pro Shops, Bear Archery, Block Targets, Caldwell, Coyote Light, Easton, Feradyne, Fiocchi, Glendel, Hornady, Hunters Specialties, Leupold, Montana Decoy Co, Cossberg, Muddy, Muzzy, Nockturnal, Outdoor Edge, Rock River Arms, Rossi, Scent Slammer, Skullhooker, Sportsman Channel, Taurus, Thermacell, Trophy Ridge, Walkers Game ear, Yeti

14. Aron Snyder - Podcaster

Website
kifaru.net
Location Colorado
Selling Backpacks, Tents, Stoves, Knives, Logo Wear, Sleds, Supplements
Instagram Handle @aron_snyder
Instagram Bio “President at Kifaru international”
Instagram Followers 103K
YouTube Subscribers 14.4K
Facebook Followers 50.7K
Podcast Kifarucast
Sponsors Kifaru

13. Guy & Ike Eastman - Publishers, TV-Personalities, YouTubers, Podcasters

Website
eastmans.com
Location Wyoming
Selling Subscriptions, Advertising, Logo Wear, Outfitted Hunts
Instagram Handle @eastmanshuntingjournals
Instagram Followers 106K
YouTube Subscribers 73.5K
Facebook Followers 362.3K
Podcast Eastmans' Elevated
Sponsors Sitka

12. Kody Kellom, Treavor Fisher, Trent Fisher, Steve Howard - YouTubers

Website
www.bornandraisedoutdoors.com
Location Oregon
Selling Advertising, Sponsorships, Hunting Gear, Backpacks, Elk Calls, Logo Wear
Instagram Handle @bornandraisedoutdoors
Instagram Bio YouTubers | Hunt | Fish | #BROnation
Instagram Followers 116K
YouTube Subscribers 179K
Facebook Followers 87.9K
Podcast Born and Raised Outdoors
Sponsors Exo Mountain Gear, First Lite, Onx, Sig Sauer, Hoyt, Hanwag, Benchmade, Worksharp, Spot Hogg

11. Randy Newberg - TV Personality, Podcaster, YouTuber

Website
randynewberg.com, hunttalk.com
Location Montana
Instagram Handle @randynewberghunter
Instagram Bio None
Instagram Followers 129K
Facebook Followers 529K
YouTube Subscribers 200K
Podcast Hunt Talk Radio, Elk Talk
Sponsors Sitka, Leupold, Howa, Yeti, Gerber, RMEF, Mystery Ranch, Nosler, Kenetrek, Bowtech, Wild Alaska Seafood, Gohunt.com, Rocky Mountain Elk Calls
WTF did BUZZ make the top ten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back