Caribou Gear Tarp

Swap hunt moose for whitetail?

Jeez this is a weird thread. And I'm not talking about the squirrels.

Basically, you're asking someone to give you access to whitetail property where a fair chance at a B&C net buck exists? I would guess that alone would have a fair market value of over 10K.

Then you want to take them to a piece of public land where they can shoot a moose? But they still have to pay their costs, etc, which would be what, something like 3K or better?

Why wouldn't someone just sell the 10K whitetail hunt, combine it with the 3K in costs, and buy themselves a 13K moose hunt with a guide?

See post #28...............

By the way:

AZ402 wanted me to post this hunt swap up for him.

Will trade:
1 armadillo hunt in exchange for dirty backrubs.

I'll bet I can kill a 170 whitetail DIY before any of you guys kill an AK moose OYO... Just say'n.

Not sure why I'd need to pay someone to take me deer hunting, nor do I expect them to shell out $10,000 for a lease, when my return favor is a moose hunt. If a 50"+ AK moose is too lame for you, keep on hunting them whitetails. I'm not goign to provide a 'guided' quality hunt because I don't own a plane so I can't spot/assasinate on that level.

The last 3 moose hunts I've done have cost me on average $1000, and that included a tip to the transporter. Thats pretty much the extent of what I'd be willing to pay for my share.

I know where there's a possibility of getting a nice big muley, but it takes like 12 preference points for a NR in that unit. I would love to take you up on that offer, but Ii doubt you want to wait 12 years to get it done.

I know where there's a possibility of getting a nice big muley, but it takes like 12 preference points for a NR in that unit. I would love to take you up on that offer, but Ii doubt you want to wait 12 years to get it done.

Thanks for the offer John. I have 8 points in CO right now, probably going to burn them next year on a 2nd season hunt and get out of the point thing. I've been pretty lucky with left over tags in CO so far. I'd like to kill a few more 190"+ deer though.

At least once the points are gone I can stop worring about it and just go hunting.

Is this post even real??
170" Whitetail or a 190" Muley. Sorry buddy but thats not a dime a dozen hunt and really doubt anyone in there right mind would trade a moose hunt up for such a thing.
I have 2 whitetail bucks that gross right at 170" and think I would give one of them up for someone else to shoot so I could be shown where a moose is at. Don't think so unless it was a 60" bull moose that is.

You might not want to trade it out, but there are plenty of landowners that would be willing to get rid of a few carp/hay eaters for a moose hunt.

Well then bank a few more points and I'll take you out. We'd have a place to stay and access to alot of land, both public and private. I'd be happy to show you around.

Funny thread! Funny squirrel pictures! NASTY but funny cat tattoo! LMAO @ all of you!

I'll bet I can kill a 170 whitetail DIY before any of you guys kill an AK moose OYO... Just say'n.

Can i take you up on that bet?

I hope i dont take all your business from ya and hijack your thread but if anyone is looking for a Goat Sheep or brown bear hunt ill trade for any western state elk hunt 320+ bull. My only stipulation is you have a daughter over the age of 21 younger then 30, under 140 pounds and ready to relocate to alaska. Christmas is just around the corner and it would be a great gift for any hunting dad.

ps no squirrel hunts i already have 2 that made the pelt and feather record book.

I'm going to try to win that bet next year:D unless of course you sneak down to the lower 48 this season and beat me to it. You sure have got some of these guys all in a lather with your trade offer. I think you just want to do this so you can watch someone tear up as they attempt to pack a moose out several trips. A whitetail would weigh as much as the moose rack.

If I spent as much time hunting whitetails as I do just about anything else, I'm sure I could kill a 170 class buck.

Dime a dozen? I watch plenty of TV, the ratio of moose to whitetails is probably 100 to 1. Of those 100 deer hunts, I'll bet at least 15 of them are 170 class deer or better. Seems like the odds of killing a big deer is a lot better than killing a moose.

How many moose racks you have in your bone pile? I'm guessing you have just as many 170 class deer. :rolleyes:

I don't want to take your money Larry... When was the last time you made it to your 'hog' hunting destination, aka Rock Springs?

I'm going to try to win that bet next year:D unless of course you sneak down to the lower 48 this season and beat me to it. You sure have got some of these guys all in a lather with your trade offer. I think you just want to do this so you can watch someone tear up as they attempt to pack a moose out several trips. A whitetail would weigh as much as the moose rack.

Wouldn't count. I'd need to be on a level playing field. You come up here and hunt next year, and I get through the end of December to kill either a 170 class whitetail or a 190 class muledeer.

I'm going to CO for sure and possibly KS... Can you buy two moose tags as a NR?

If I spent as much time hunting whitetails as I do just about anything else, I'm sure I could kill a 170 class buck.
Doesn't take that long to hunt a midwest honeyhole...does it. Heck, you shouldn't even have to trade a moose hunt.

No?

Doesn't take that long to hunt a midwest honeyhole...does it. Heck, you shouldn't even have to trade a moose hunt.

No?

Harley's right again.... come on down for a day or two - we have plenty of 170 plus and even have a big screen TV to make it more exciting for ya..:rolleyes:

No need to swap for a moosie hunt.. doors always open..:)

Attachments

• Big.jpg
    Big.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 217

No?

You're right, it would probably take me longer to set up the corn flinger and hang stands than it would to get a moose on the ground. Heck if I threw in time spent spraying down with scent sheild, locating my cough silencer, and setting up trail cams, I could have the moose packed out, cut and wrapped, cape fleshed and salted. The more I think about this, I'm not sure its a fair trade.

I wish I had something left to hunt down this year. Just not feeling the bug to chase grizz bears any more this season. The snow is creaping down the mountain, and once I get back from a week in Vegas and Tuscon they'll all be denned up. Except for the bears that Indian Larry and Wyodeerhunter are after.

Is there anything to hunt in AZ right now that I can gun down OTC? They have whitetails down there don't they? I'd probaly have to lower my standard to 110" though. Them "TX" whitetails aren't very big.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back