Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Steve! (Martin) Documentary

SAJ-99

I just finished the Steve Martin documentary. I was just curious on others opinions of either the doc or Steve Martin in general.

I went in to the thing thinking he didn’t rank high on my list as a comic, actor, musician, etc. You know, maybe a 7/10. Then I came out thinking Holy Shit! The guy is amazing in that he is a 7/10 in multiple categories. I was simply amazed by the man’s ability in so many areas. Thoughts?

I just finished the Steve Martin documentary. I was just curious on others opinions of either the doc or Steve Martin in general.

I went in to the thing thinking he didn’t rank high on my list as a comic, actor, musician, etc. You know, maybe a 7/10. Then I came out thinking Holy Shit! The guy is amazing in that he is a 7/10 in multiple categories. I was simply amazed by the man’s ability in so many areas. Thoughts?
You just figured this out? Oh yeah. He's a musician also. mtmuley

It seems a persons age sort of defines the view of him, which is what amazes me. I remember him on Carson and SNL as a comedian, then all of the movies, then an awesome banjo player, then on Only Murderers ITB. He redefined his career multiple times, which is hard to do even once. The doc also revealed how much he knows about art. I was simply amazed at the breadth of skill and knowledge across the arts.

You just figured this out? Oh yeah. He's a musician also. mtmuley
Thanks for your contribution. Always so insightful, as usual.

Roy Clark was very versatile as well in the instruments he could play exceptionally well, the variety of music genres he could play, he could sing a bit and he entertained between songs in concert and also on Hee Haw as a host. I feel Steve Martin is in that league where does a lot quite well in improv, film and live concerts in huge arenas without train-wrecking ala many of the former SNL alums and Hollywood types. I worked with Paul Allen a bit and I always felt one of his notable accomplishments during his life was not ending up dead on a yacht full of women and drugs. Sometimes showing up for work on time prepared to get working as walk in the door for a lot of years is a big deal.

Back