Caribou Gear Tarp

Some of my Michigan whitetails

QDMAMAN

Around 2000 I started practicing Quality Deer Management (QDM) in my neighborhood here in southern mid Michigan. After a couple of years of passing young bucks I came to the conclusion that if I was going to have any chance at pursuing older bucks, I was going to need to figure out if I had neighbors that were interested in doing the same. Remarkably, after knocking on several doors, I identified a few neighbors that had similar aspirations as myself. We formalized a neighborhood deer management cooperative that has been a model for several others across the state and we continue to enjoy great success hunting, and killing, some great whitetails on small properties in a heavily hunted region of the state.

2006 158 3/8" shotgun
2006 Bonehead.jpg

2008 160 2/8" shotgun
2008 Buck Wide Boy.jpg

2010 120" archery
2010 buck.jpg

2011 139 5/8" archery
2011 buck3.jpg

My BIL killed these 2 on the same parcel 11 acres as the 4 above.
2014 148 3/8" archery
Mark 2014 buck.jpg

2015 134" shotgun
2015 Marks buck.jpg

Big T

southern Michigan bucks ! I live in mid Michigan and we see some dandys around me on the farms.

Yep, southern MI has the habitat and decent genetics to grow good bucks if people let them live to their potential, but that's a big IF!

QDM is only as good as the least disciplined member...glad to see you guys on the same page. Nice bucks, thanks.

You don't hear a lot about Michigan, but those are some good deer, especially coming off an 11 acre chunk.

Great to hear you and your neighbors are on the same page. I am not as lucky. We have around 400 acres in WI, bordering neighbors who bring about 14 people out onto their land and it sounds like I'm back in Afghanistan for the first couple days of firearm season.

Great to hear you and your neighbors are on the same page. I am not as lucky. We have around 400 acres in WI, bordering neighbors who bring about 14 people out onto their land and it sounds like I'm back in Afghanistan for the first couple days of firearm season.

Also known as; Texas QDM.

Also known as; Texas QDM.

Thats about the same here in Saskatchewan, We have around 500 acres of farmland that I hunt on. I tend to pass on smaller animals so that we can re build the herd as we have had some really nasty winters the past few years. It truly doesn't help when everyone in the surrounding areas blasts the first animal they see every year though. I have to primarily hunt whitetails as our draw system here for residents is so flawed that drawing any tags is just pure luck.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back