MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sawtooth Elk

You ID guys are going to have to watch it, shooting all these good bulls this year, or you are gonna be overrun by the crowds who no longer believe the research services that say the wolves ate all your elk. To this point, you guys have kept a good lid on the great elk hunting you have, but if the season continues this way, you're gonna blow your cover.

Great elk. Congrats.

Well done, guys, great to see good results for keen men.

I like your attitude towards hunting that country. It is similar to some of our rut hunting, we just be as mobile as we possible can, covering as large an area as we can keeping in mind all we are trying to do is cover country we know females live in and sooner or later males will become vocal when the hinds cycle and we make it happen from then on in.

Sometimes in a weeks hard hunting we will get one good opportunity at a vocal male, so you have to make the most of it.

Good luck in October.

Last year during archery I saw a 3 bulls in 3 days of hunting.... I saw a nice 2 nice 5x5 and a spike.. I didn't see that many elk total... no elk were talk not even cows. I am looking to different areas, I do think the rifle hunt would be really good, I got to 80 yards on both 5 points and 60 on the spike but he busted me at 60.

Big Fin, If people want to hunt that unit have at it..... We know it, and hunt it hard and have only taken a handful of "OK" bulls out of there in 18 years. The hardest unit to hunt for crappy bulls.....

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back