Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ridge Reaper TV show no longer?

EBOLAVIRS

I don't see any listings for a 4th season...has it been cancelled? I know there has been some departures from the crew but I had hoped the show would go on, one of the better hunting shows on TV. Anyone know the story?

I watched Ridge Reaper a few times when they were hunting in southern NV and was amazed at some of the deer they took. I have been to many of the places they hunt and have found some amazing sheds. I often wondered how they kept drawing those tags as non-residents when they are almost impossible for a resident to draw. Come to find out they were buying landowner damage compensation tags. Those tags alow them to hunt archery, muzzleloaader and rifle season. Which is fine except those tags are valid in the entire hunting unit not just on the landowner's property. We're talking 30-40 miles away in some cases. I think NDOW needs to change the regs.
While it is legal it just doesn't seem right.

Last edited:
Outdoor TV responded today. Under Armour ended production, stick a fork in it.

That was big news in the outdoor TV world at SHOT Show when the "rumor became fact." Not because an outdoor TV show got dropped, happens every season. It was big news because a very large marketing machine like Under Armour, a company flush with cash and competing very well outside this genre, decided their investment in outdoor TV was not a good investment. That gets the attention of everybody in outdoor TV, from sponsors to their ad agencies to producers to networks, when a company with big time marketing experts, as exist in UA, decide there are much better places to invest their marketing budget.

Glad we started this digital project last year that included downloads and a podcast as additions to this forum. And seeing this trend two years ago why we started planning for the YouTube channel launch a year ago and launched in January. TV will always have some sort of relevance, but there is probably a terminal point not too far ahead for anybody not aware of media consumption trends in our society and thinks that somehow outdoor audiences are different than the rest of society.

Randy, I'm thinking RReaper spent a ton on production. Gessing it didn't shock the glossy graphs enough for the money counters.

Randy, I think you're striking a good balance with the TV show and the YouTube channel. We haven't had cable or satellite for 4 years now and haven't looked back. We get our programming from local channels via an antenna, the Internet, or purchase DVDs(mostly because of our slow internet connection). I don't plan on ever having a $100 per month satellite or cable bill again. Plus no satellite means my kids play outside more. That's the way it should be for them in my opinion.

Randy, I'm thinking RReaper spent a ton on production. Guessing it didn't shock the glossy graphs enough for the money counters.

Yes, given what I saw of their production, I suspect they had a ton of costs in both production costs, trip costs, tag fees, etc. I doubt you would find their production crew and probably very few in their talent crew sleeping on cots alongside a wide spot in the road, as often is the case with some other dumbass TV outfit I am intimately familiar with. And I doubt they drive to their locations. And they did have a talented crew working the cameras and editing bay, so that is another very high cost. Add on top of that, they bought the best time slots they could get from the network, for most all of their airing times, another huge premium investment.

When the bean counters came to the marketing department and asked for the returns (R) on (O) the huge investment (I), it was probably not a real pleasant conversation.

All reports are they will continue investing in outdoor marketing, but the investment will be much narrow and deeper, rather than wider and shallower. Will be interesting to watch, as no matter what your opinions of the UA product for hunting application, they are one of the premier marketing machines in all of America. The hunting world is a bit of a "follow the leader" community where large risks are not encouraged, so I would expect many followers to be watching how UA invests their money going forward.

I am not a cord cutter for two reason.

1. Where I live we still do not have a viable internet option. We struggle with what we have.

2. I am a huge sports fan so until they have sports in all forms on the internet then I will continue with direct TV.

Curious as to when that will happen. I think Randy is ahead of the curve, good for him.

2. I am a huge sports fan so until they have sports in all forms on the internet then I will continue with direct TV.

Curious as to when that will happen. I think Randy is ahead of the curve, good for him.

That is a very common trait among the male-dominated demographic. But, the experts say that will change very rapidly in the next five years as the NFL continues to push the envelope. Last year the NFL had one foreign game where only the local markets got it on their TV. The rest had to stream it live. It far exceeded their expectations. This season, I understand they are going to do five of those. Next season, who knows how many.

If the NFL finds success in it, expect your sports to be streamed more than broadcast. Like you, where I live in the hinterlands of MT internet speeds suck, so streaming is a challenge. That said, I'm getting a smart TV and bracing myself for the changes ahead.

No institution can influence media consumption habits in the male-dominated demographic faster and with greater depth than the NFL. I am more than happy to let them plow the rough terrain ahead and slide on in for the easy sledding. SKOL Vikings!

I am not a cord cutter for two reason.

1. Where I live we still do not have a viable internet option. We struggle with what we have.

We cut the cord when we had a good internet connection. Now we live in the country with satellite internet as our only option. It has been a bit of a struggle with the slow internet speeds. I am also a huge sports fan. I live in the heart of SEC country so football is a very big deal. We get several games on local TV with an HD antenna. I get NBC, ABC, FOX, and CBS. Combine that with ESPN3/Watch ESPN App or whatever they call their internet channel now (all SEC games are shown) and I'm all set.

That is a very common trait among the male-dominated demographic. But, the experts say that will change very rapidly in the next five years as the NFL continues to push the envelope. Last year the NFL had one foreign game where only the local markets got it on their TV. The rest had to stream it live. It far exceeded their expectations. This season, I understand they are going to do five of those. Next season, who knows how many.

If the NFL finds success in it, expect your sports to be streamed more than broadcast. Like you, where I live in the hinterlands of MT internet speeds suck, so streaming is a challenge. That said, I'm getting a smart TV and bracing myself for the changes ahead.

No institution can influence media consumption habits in the male-dominated demographic faster and with greater depth than the NFL. I am more than happy to let them plow the rough terrain ahead and slide on in for the easy sledding. SKOL Vikings!

Big Fin I noticed you complaining about speeds on your podcast as well I'm in Bozeman and just switched to charter. I get 6mbps upload 100mbps down which I need for work. Might be something to consider as you are streaming so much content. By the way I love the new format of the show and the FB live interviews keep them coming!!!

Yes, given what I saw of their production, I suspect they had a ton of costs in both production costs, trip costs, tag fees, etc. I doubt you would find their production crew and probably very few in their talent crew sleeping on cots alongside a wide spot in the road, as often is the case with some other dumbass TV outfit I am intimately familiar with. And I doubt they drive to their locations. And they did have a talented crew working the cameras and editing bay, so that is another very high cost. Add on top of that, they bought the best time slots they could get from the network, for most all of their airing times, another huge premium investment.

When the bean counters came to the marketing department and asked for the returns (R) on (O) the huge investment (I), it was probably not a real pleasant conversation.

All reports are they will continue investing in outdoor marketing, but the investment will be much narrow and deeper, rather than wider and shallower. Will be interesting to watch, as no matter what your opinions of the UA product for hunting application, they are one of the premier marketing machines in all of America. The hunting world is a bit of a "follow the leader" community where large risks are not encouraged, so I would expect many followers to be watching how UA invests their money going forward.

I figured something was up several months ago when Koby Fulks announced he was leaving UA. Was hoping the show would survive as they used it to showcase their Camo line and that seems to be doing very well. Too bad, was a decent show.

I love the NFL and I have Sunday ticket but I also love love love college basketball. I live in Iowa but I am a huge badger fan. I get almost all the games.

The internet speed is going to be an issue for a little bit. I really don't live that far in the country but I live on 5 acres in an older neighborhood that doesn't have fiber.

Big Fin I noticed you complaining about speeds on your podcast as well I'm in Bozeman and just switched to charter. I get 6mbps upload 100mbps down which I need for work. Might be something to consider as you are streaming so much content. By the way I love the new format of the show and the FB live interviews keep them coming!!!

They came out last summer and I've got the best they have. Since they own all the lines south of town where I live, they are my only option. Best they can get me this far from the relay box is 2/20. I would be dancing to have your 6/100.

They came out last summer and I've got the best they have. Since they own all the lines south of town where I live, they are my only option. Best they can get me this far from the relay box is 2/20. I would be dancing to have your 6/100.

I wonder if we can petition them to get a relay box closer to you. I would like to see the face of someone at the internet company when they get 200 phone calls from guys saying Randy needs better internet so I can watch his podcast.

I love the NFL and I have Sunday ticket but I also love love love college basketball. I live in Iowa but I am a huge badger fan. I get almost all the games.

The internet speed is going to be an issue for a little bit. I really don't live that far in the country but I live on 5 acres in an older neighborhood that doesn't have fiber.

I like the NFL too and I get a ton of NFL games on the antenna in HD for free. I have NBC, Fox, and CBS so all I'm missing is Monday night football and the whatever comes on the NFL network. I might be able to live stream some of what I'm missing but I've never tried.

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but yeah that had to be a lot of money they were spending on that production with landowner tags, Mexico access, armies of spotters and helpers then all the top of the line production that went into it.

Maybe they can focus on selling better gear at lower prices now? Yeah right.

Speaking of UA:
I like the look of their camo. Has anyone had trouble with the fit of their hunting clothing? I wear pretty standard sizes but their pants are always long and run skinny
and their jackets have an uncomfortable fit.
It runs counter to their workout clothes which I like and they fit well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back