Sunday Pic of the Day

I had no time for a picture! Imagine a black bear mama with 3 little tiny cubs pop out on the road ahead of you in the dark. I came to a stop 10 yards from them. They took off before I could snap a picture. They were so stinkin' cute my wife wanted to take one home!

I met a living legend, Smoke Elser, today. View attachment 325992
Where was that at. Its amazing how well he is doing at his age. I hope to be going like that at his age. I went to his packing class a few years ago. What an experience that was. The years of experience packing and riding in the Bob Marshall will never be matched. I think he said that 55 years of his lifetime have been spent in the Bob, so over 20,000 days. The stories he could tell were amazing. I have read his packing guide book several times as well.

Where was that at. Its amazing how well he is doing at his age. I hope to be going like that at his age. I went to his packing class a few years ago. What an experience that was. The years of experience packing and riding in the Bob Marshall will never be matched. I think he said that 55 years of his lifetime have been spent in the Bob, so over 20,000 days. The stories he could tell were amazing. I have read his packing guide book several times as well.
Great Falls. He’s doing a book tour for his new book. He’s in Helena on the 30th.

I just finished reading his book, HUSH OF THE LAND, which includes his outfitter and wilderness protector story. His life has been exciting, adventurous, and meaningful ... and continues to be so. His relationships with guests included teaching history and values of wilderness through experiences in the backcountry. Smoke Elser has earned strong respect and admiration from Montana. He is one of those critical historical characters who was in the right place at the right time for the right reasons and made a huge difference.

Did a down and back trip to Deadwood SD , went down yesterday morning, got home this evening , cool trip
IMG_9529.jpeg
IMG_6894.jpeg
IMG_6901.jpegIMG_6902.jpeg

Wild Bill’s grave and Calamity Jane is next to him
IMG_6927.jpeg
IMG_6929.jpeg

Used the new tent topper for the first time
IMG_9510.jpeg

Hit the Devils Tower on the way home IMG_6934.jpeg
3 dudes rope climbing
IMG_6938.jpeg

I’m not a big knife guy , I’ve always been pretty cheap that way, all the knives that I have were given to me or found , until today , stopped in the small town of Hulett WY

Saw this knife in there, convenient store gas station everything store , I couldn’t walk away from it. I’m like that’s coming home with me. 180$ knife was made in Dubois WY
IMG_6941.jpegIMG_6943.jpeg

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back