regular credit card theft?

Anybody else regularly have fraudulent purchases showing up on your credit card? Seems we have someone trying to steal thousands of dollars almost annually and have to cancel a card and get a new card and account number...

I keep mine next to am RFID card to protect my data from being stolen when card in in my wallet. Guessing it gets stolen as gas pumps etc. by card skimmers. Not sure. Do have it stored online for autopay for certain accounts...

This week is was over 4 grand for a camera at Adorama, previously it has been $11,000 for airline tickets etc.

Thoughts and experience comparisons?
I always pay with a CC inside, NEVER at the pump. If I overpay inside, in the end I get charged only for what the pump pumps out.

Last week I had a CC fraud alert for $800 worth of Sitka gear... I had a to stop for a second to think and make sure I didn't actually do that. Anybody else had oddly specific hunting gear related fraud like that?

I use tap to pay whenever it is an option. Link to credit card. Bypass skimmers.

Anybody else regularly have fraudulent purchases showing up on your credit card? Seems we have someone trying to steal thousands of dollars almost annually and have to cancel a card and get a new card and account number...

I keep mine next to am RFID card to protect my data from being stolen when card in in my wallet. Guessing it gets stolen as gas pumps etc. by card skimmers. Not sure. Do have it stored online for autopay for certain accounts...

This week is was over 4 grand for a camera at Adorama, previously it has been $11,000 for airline tickets etc.

Thoughts and experience comparisons?
Me too. At least once a year.
The reason I use credit cards for online purchases. Couldn't imagine them getting my bank info.

I thought this was going to be a thread about most state game departments no longer accepting paper applications and checks and, instead, requiring the use of a credit card and charging a “convenience” fee. 😡

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back