Rebounding Hammer on Lever Guns

TradeGun.62

So I've read and seen where folks are dead set on removing a rebounding hammer from their lever action rifles. What do you gain by removing it if it's already there?

Just wondering if the expense of removing it is worth it.

I assume your referring to the new Winchesters...

I've heard of reliability issues, but I don't know that it's a common enough occurrence to worry about. A more broad internet search would probably be more help.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did a cursory search, but didn't dig/read deeper. Sounds like there are some issues of reliability and perhaps better trigger pull if changed.

Never even heard of a rebounding hammer on a lever gun. It sounds like a solution in search of a problem. I'll have to contemplate that one in my dreams tonight. Break action double guns, yes. Levers????

Never even heard of a rebounding hammer on a lever gun. It sounds like a solution in search of a problem. I'll have to contemplate that one in my dreams tonight. Break action double guns, yes. Levers????
I'm not sure if that is the correct term or what, but that's what I've heard them called - after striking the firing pin the hammer bounces back to about what would be half-kock position.

Yeah, I've also heard it called the solution to a problem that didn't exist.

Back