Punk Rock Hunt Talkers

Never got into the discordance of that genre. Now I like plenty of chitty lyric'd trite, even angry songs with great melodies and musicianship. Bangin' on one note and yelling never appealed.

..banished along with the Boss
Not every band is screaming, trite lyrics, and one note. The Minutemen changed my way of thinking about what "punk" was, hell what most music Was. Punk, jazz, funk, rock, and philosophical and intelligent lyrics! My favorite band of all time, cut tragically short by a car accident. RIP D Boone!

Civics 101 through punk! Thank f$ck!n god! Not many bands like the Dead Kennedys. I almost got kicked out of school for wearing a shirt with the in god we trust album cover.
Sandinista!

You guys are young, naming the bands my kids listened to. I was more of an Iggy-Sex Pistols-Clash-Pogues kind of guy. To me, Green Day is a “new” band.

Last edited:
Love punk, that and metal are heaviest in my rotation.

Hate NOFX though, terrible people and terrible music. Will never forget an entire crowd throwing bottles at them at a Warped Tour I went to, they were pissed they didnt get voted the feature act so they wasted their whole set playing their 10+ minute song. Got bombarded with empty/half empty water bottles. They have not been back to Calgary since haha
Yeah fat Mike can be a d1^k sometimes… lmao still love their music though 🤣

Jesse from OpIv had a great band later on, way underrated IMO.

Then about a year ago Tim and Jesse said they're going to have new material together again for the first time since OpIv, looking forward to that, has a OpIv with dub kinda sound.

Anyone been front row for a GWAR show? Whether they tickle you pickle or not, an experience like no other! We got pulled over on the way home, 1980's Ford LTD rollin six deep all covered in fake blood. Patrolman was chill enough we made it home.

Never got into the discordance of that genre. Now I like plenty of chitty lyric'd trite, even angry songs with great melodies and musicianship. Bangin' on one note and yelling never appealed.

..banished along with the Boss
Banished along with the Boss? I’m a fan of about every type of music but are you speaking of The Boss that kicked the financial ass of every band on this thread added together?!

Anyone been front row for a GWAR show? Whether they tickle you pickle or not, an experience like no other! We got pulled over on the way home, 1980's Ford LTD rollin six deep all covered in fake blood. Patrolman was chill enough we made it home.

"Hey Mark. You love GWAR. Why don't you join the band? Aw man Mark man. You play a mean guitar man. It's really a shame that YOU MUST DIE."

Forgot about that scene!
My wife and I celebrate Rex Manning day as if it were a national holiday (its April 8th FYI). That film has a ton of great music in it, maybe a little on the pop end, but its a legit music movie. Personally, I knew of Dire Straits from them being on my dad's radio growing up, but Empire Records gave me an appreciation for them and Mark Knopfler that the radio never did. Damn the man, save the Empire is pretty punk rock.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back