Predator Contest?

I feel you're not going to ameliorate some people no matter how much deference you pay their bias and stupidity.

Ken do you keep a thesaurus handy so you can make us feel dumb, or own stock in the online dictionary, or if we met would I just not know what the heck you are saying half the time

Ken do you keep a thesaurus handy so you can make us feel dumb, or own stock in the online dictionary, or if we met would I just not know what the heck you are saying half the time

Maybe he's trying to woo the women.

j0j71VT.jpg

I feel you're not going to ameliorate some people no matter how much deference you pay their bias and stupidity.

"I feel you are not going to satisfy some people no matter how much respect you pay..." I think this is what you mean? :confused:

I first read about this predator competition on a Toby Bridges type website. So if you are the kind that likes meeting some interesting folks, this may be for you.

Cha Ching $$ for the anti hunting groups. Might as well parade a bloody wolf around on your hood and email photos of it to the anti hunting groups.

The one problem I see with hunting contest mostly big buck types are the temptation to break laws to win. I doubt it's as prevalent in a predator derby but anytime you put up a money reward you're begging for someone to lose their morals.
I know a couple guys around here that competitively attend these coyote derbies and do quite well. You sure don't hear near as many negative comments towards them as opposed to this one.
The one thing I found realistic was that they probably won't be killing any wolves. Based on some of his comments I'd say this director of this organization just doesn't have the social skills for the job. I found many of his comments dis-jointed. Not good for an organization. One has to understand this region of the world. I brought it up in another thread that there are more than a few rednecks in this region. Many times they don't think or care what they say or do. On the other hand there are some great salt of the earth people as well and to be honest they have been seeing the effects the wolves have had over the years and are just flat frustrated. I'd bet if polled 80% of the public in Lemhi county favor shooting wolves. It's just how it is.
I'm all for it but probably not by taking this public approach in doing so. Why not just teach your kid or another how to call or trap coyotes and wolves and quietly go about reducing numbers then post your hero shots in the local sporting good shops.

Last edited:
Give me a black rifle with a few high capacity magazines and count me in. Is there beer involved?

Nope, I meant humble submission.

Well so much for my college education...

If any of you SW Idaho boys want to have a friendly contest, I think it would be fun to pick a day in January and do it. I saw more coyotes this year than I ever have.

Well so much for my college education...

If any of you SW Idaho boys want to have a friendly contest, I think it would be fun to pick a day in January and do it. I saw more coyotes this year than I ever have.

Pics..but no smiles.;)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back