Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Plate ‘em up

I made the mistake of taking a pig pickin cake (my favorite cake!) to one of our monthly neighborhood birthday get togethers. So now I seem to have been designated the birthday cake dude. Last month was pineapple upside-down cake, which I’d not had since I was a kid, but tried to do it the way my mom did. This month’s request was German chocolate.

IMG_0501.jpeg

I made the mistake of taking a pig pickin cake (my favorite cake!) to one of our monthly neighborhood birthday get togethers. So now I seem to have been designated the birthday cake dude. Last month was pineapple upside-down cake, which I’d not had since I was a kid, but tried to do it the way my mom did. This month’s request was German chocolate.

View attachment 289963
Ok, what is a pig pickin cake now?

Your culinary culture is too advanced for this forum 😂

Ok, what is a pig pickin cake now?

Your culinary culture is too advanced for this forum 😂
Great summer cake with southern roots. Often served at pig pickins, thus the name. Yellow cake batter with Mandarin oranges mixed in. Frosting is made with whipped cream and crushed pineapple. Usually decorate the top with mandarin oranges. It’s super light and refreshing for a dessert.

1693448478964.jpeg

I just got in from hanging a ladder stand and clearing a couple shooting lanes. My kids are at camp for the weekend with my mother, my wife and are going driving over later for the evening. I got bored so I made Mountain Goat Sausage with roasted peppers, potatoes, goat fat, Eastern Mediterranean spice mix from Oak Town Spice shop in Oakland. Finishing it off with flat bread wedges, tzatziki sauce with hint of curry.
36ecf65b406d33e0d6749205c9a272cc.jpg

5989dd6227f46af9bb74c04da7767783.jpg

Looks great. Did you poor that one out for Jimmy?
I poured one post dinner as a proper nightcap, but if I would’ve had one during and one after I’d be flat on my ass.
I’m probably already gonna get mildly, verbally if not physically abused for my appearance at work in the morning.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back