MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Plate ‘em up

Those chops are one of my favorite things to reverse sear with the sous vide. They are so delicious and moist.
I buy a bunch when they are on sale and then individually vacuum pack them with aromatics and put them in the freezer. Thyme gives a great flavor, but I often also add rosemary and/or sage leaves. Toss one in the sous vide for 60-90 mins whenever I’m in the mood for it, and then pan sear a nice crust on it in cast iron. Finish it by basting in a brown butter with the aromatics and some fresh garlic cloves. Turns out amazing - every time.

IMG_1667.jpegIMG_1512.jpeg

I buy a bunch when they are on sale and then individually vacuum pack them with aromatics and put them in the freezer. Thyme gives a great flavor, but I often also add rosemary and/or sage leaves. Toss one in the sous vide for 60-90 mins whenever I’m in the mood for it, and then pan sear a nice crust on it in cast iron. Finish it by basting in a brown butter with the aromatics and some fresh garlic cloves. Turns out amazing - every time.

View attachment 322577View attachment 322578
What temp are you cooking them at?

View attachment 322577View attachment 322578

that description may have finally convinced me to get a sous vide apparatus

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back