Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Photo contest - Landscapes

Moose hunting in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in northern Minnesota. This isn't the best picture but it brings back some awesome memories for me. Sitting in the exact spot this picture was taken from we called a bull to within 7 yards of us. Instead of coming in to the pond he came in directly behind us. I can still picture the dew dripping from his coat and the steam rising off of his back. He was a young bull and got a pass but the image of him is burned into my memory forever.

One of my favorite places is the Florida Keys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 340
The last night on the farm. A buddy and I had rights to a small chunk of land that we managed for deer and turkey. After 5 years of hard work we finally started to produce several nice animals. The owner sold the farm and we were booted. I took this pic the night we took all of our stands down. Its a poor iPhone pic, but nonetheless its the last time I was out there; a little bittersweet.

Attachments

• IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 334
Early morning on the Potomac river. I actually took this picture at work but it's a nice place to Liston to the ducks and reflect on future and past hunts!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 333
Just off the banks of the yellowstone in Eastern mt just after my brother in law took his first whitetail.

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 324
This picture is from my trip to Colorado last year. It is a special picture to me because it was a great time that I got to spend with my dad and cousin, and it was the best trout fishing I have ever experienced!

IMG_2940_zps4d56ebf6.jpg

Great thread to start Randy, and thank you everybody for posting such amazing pictures!

Dang, this turned out to be way better than I could have ever imagined. Already got a good idea and a super cool prize for the next one.

Sunrise photo taken from the front porch of our Three Forks, MT home. A cup of coffee, a porch swing and a gorgeous sunrise!

Attachments

• MT Front Porch.jpg
    MT Front Porch.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 285
Watching the sunset with my wife while backpacking around Grand Island - part of the Hiawatha National Forest in Michigan.

Attachments

• Tahq. Falls, Grand Island, Misc 172.jpg
    Tahq. Falls, Grand Island, Misc 172.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 283
SAM_0740.jpg

My first scouting trip in goat country, and very memorable hike (Sawtooths ID). My sister had come up to visit from AZ. This was the first time in about a year that we had gotten to see eachother.

First Wilderness Elk Hunt, Southern Colorado, morning of day 6 after coming out of the mountains the prior evening. I will never forget that trip and it hooked me for life on DYI backpack hunting. Finally going back for round 2 this Sept.
2011 Nikon  CO Elk Camp Departure.JPG

Not from a hunting trip, but this is an area I come with my family frequently. Close to Silver Lake up Big Cottonwood Canyon in UT. We do picnics and go hiking up here. We've seen several moose and other critters up here. The moose always make for a special trip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 438
Hunters Heaven

No place on earth I would rather be in the fall than Wyoming with the Tetons in the distance! My first solo DIY, 100% public and 110% memorable...
9qbote.jpg
[/IMG]

An early season mule deer hunt in the south unit of the ND badlands. 90+ degrees out and miserable. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Attachments

• 195.jpg
    195.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 434

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back