Penalty for not doing harvest survey

It's $50 for NV if you don't want to be in time out for a year AND you still have to do the survey before you're allowed to apply again.
It takes 5mins to fill out a questionnaire and it's valuable information.

I have an interesting issue with this survey... I'm new to New Mexico and want to enter the '23 draw for mules and elk. The website says I must complete the harvest survey before I can enter for the draw. I currently hold an OTC tag for Javelina, which I have yet to harvest. The season for Javelina ends on the 31st but the deadline to enter the draw is the 22nd. So am I correct in thinking that, if I want to put in for the '23 mule deer and elk draw, my Javelina season effectively ends a week and a half early? Maybe I have these dates confused.. it's been a long day at work.

I have an interesting issue with this survey... I'm new to New Mexico and want to enter the '23 draw for mules and elk. The website says I must complete the harvest survey before I can enter for the draw. I currently hold an OTC tag for Javelina, which I have yet to harvest. The season for Javelina ends on the 31st but the deadline to enter the draw is the 22nd. So am I correct in thinking that, if I want to put in for the '23 mule deer and elk draw, my Javelina season effectively ends a week and a half early? Maybe I have these dates confused.. it's been a long day at work.
It has to be a glitch. You should be able to apply because Javelina surveys aren't due until April 7th.

From page 6 of the regs:

April 7 Deadline to submit 2022–23 harvest reports for Barbary sheep, ibex, javelina, oryx and trapper license holders to be eligible for big-game licenses. Reports can be submitted online or by telephone. Failure to report for these species by this date will result in rejection of all draw applications. An $8 late fee applies after April 7, 2023. Remember to keep your confirmation number.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back