Odocoileus hemionus

On the way to the Deep Thoughts glassing spot yesterday we made a swing through the farmlands and ran into this buck. He's made a couple other appearances in this thread-

P1020141_zpspqtpa5dk.jpg

P1020143_zpsac3qakvz.jpg

This morning I had ambition, an took an 8 hour hike through some pretty cool country. Got to watch some more elk die, but only turned up two small bucks. With a couple hours of light left I decided to just cruise the main road and glass like everyone else does. I found 13.

Cool old buck-
P1020158_zpses3ofljh.jpg

What do you guys think on this one, trigger worthy?

P1020174_zpsnb4wopn9.jpg

P1020178_zpsff5pc6jy.jpg

I wish I was still hunting mulies this time of year, looks like you're getting everything out of this tag. I still think you're nuts for not chasing the elk though.

20151116_165013_zpsvo7ekytp.jpg

As of roughly 3:30 yesterday, the fun is over. Kaitie was with me yesterday and we opted to just got it out and come back today with reinforcements. I think i found the worst spot in the unit to kill one for getting it out.

Congrats Randy, sure wish I had been able to ditch my responsibilities for the day to help pack. Sounds like it's going to be a fun one ;)

Better make some space on the wall for that one:)

I guess it's the color settings on my screen, but it took me forever before I could make out the antler bases on that deer's head. I was thinking you had been pulling our legs all this time with a doe tag!

Congrats on the buck, can't wait to see the rest of it.

Your killn me Smalls! Congrats anyway, even if you won't share the pics right away !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back