New member and a rookie out west

Thank you guys for all the responses. I just can't seem to figure out how I'm supposed to know what units and tags to apply for when I know nothing about the units. I'm just so used to buying a licence and hunting with no planning, I guess I'm just overwhelmed. I have called some state offices with little to no help from them. Is there any states that I could just visit without planning and hunt? I know that sounds lazy but I'm new to all this and any help would be appreciated. I could trade some help and guidance for some gator and hog hunting if someone is intrested.

Have you tried the CO PW huntplanners? Their only purpose is to help folks wade through the process. The almanac off of their website has tons of info too, especially once you narrow down a location. Once you try it out here you will be hooked. I am an Indiana boy who lived outside ATL for 5 years (spent a lot of time in the N GA mountains) and the Army has taken all over the world but NOTHING beats the Mountain West :)

I recommend Wyoming, especially for antelope. All tags are draw but many zones are easy draws with plenty of public land. (Unfortunately, it's too late for 2014.) The Wyoming Game and Fish department website has statistics on drawing odds and success rates by zone. And if you call them, they are very helpful.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back