Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Christensen Evoke

Looks pretty neat, a little new age for my liking but cool nonetheless. I've come to like my Mesa. Interesting that all of the barrel lengths are 22" or less even for the PRC and magnum cartridges.

24 inches minimum, and starting at 7.7?
I've got a 26 browning and only weights 7. 25

I like the bolt throw a lot. The rest I’m hoping there’s some improvements on other models

I’m confused why they’re so inexpensive? Christensen’s are usually more expensive than that.

I’m confused why they’re so inexpensive? Christensen’s are usually more expensive than that.

Looks to me like the savings is in a plastic stock and plastic bottom metal. Possible time savings in manufacturing with what looks like a smooth barrel nut for setting headspacing.

My gunsmith said CA is the #1 manufacturer he gets in for lemons that don't shoot.
And comments like this make it hard for me!

Ive got savages, sakos, and a bergera that all shoot way better than me

Last edited:
My CA Ridgeline .308 carbon is a 1/2 MOA naildriver.
All day long if you do your part, amirite?

This goes for Fierce, Bergara, CA and all other garbage manufacturers out there: Nobody said they NEVER put out shooters (every manufacturer has lemons), but it's the rate of lemons (CA/Fierce) and how they stand behind their product (Bergara/Fierce) that make them a hard pass for me.

What are high lemon rates? Who knows, maybe 10%? If you get a shooter, congratulations you won the lottery - doesn't erase the relative quality of that manufacturer versus others (Tikka, Seekins, even Savage, etc.)

Last edited:
All day long if you do your part, amirite?

This goes for Fierce, Bergara, CA and all other garbage manufacturers out there: Nobody said they NEVER put out shooters (every manufacturer has lemons), but it's the rate of lemons (CA/Fierce) and how they stand behind their product (Bergara/Fierce) that make them a hard pass for me.

What are high lemon rates? Who knows, maybe 10%? If you get a shooter, congratulations you won the lottery - doesn't erase the relative quality of that manufacturer versus others (Tikka, Seekins, even Savage, etc.)

And let's not forget that some people just aren't good shooters with certain rifles. Or maybe had an extra cuppa coffee that morning (*an extra cup on a shooting day was worth 1". I could take a .5 MOA rifle and not do better than 1.5MOA until the caffeine wore off).

Heck, I have a 6.5# (Scoped) 7mm Rem Mag (Merkel k1 with a VX3 2.5-8) that will group .5 MOA". Due to being very lightweight and fairly violent in the recoil department, I've not seen anyone else do better than 2" at 100 yards.

and then the question is: is it really a lemon? Setting up a rifle to shoot off the bench only to discover the front sling swivel is racking the rest every shot is a straight guarantee for lousy results. Ditto a rear bag with a sling swivel.

There's just so many things that can make a gun go lemon...and often it's not the gun.

I agree with that - most Fudds out there buying lightweight 300WM's CAN'T shoot MOA. However, the other side of the coin is that buying a gun is uniquely risky; the buyer is unable to fire the gun prior to purchasing, and once the sale goes through refunds are largely impossible, putting you at the mercy of the manufacturer and their crappy warranty slapped on the box.

Oddly - fighting about MOA with Bergara is what pushed me to buying my first Tikka, and since then I have really come to value the drama-free buying process with high quality manufacturers.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back